FreeBlade is out (with special guest)

JeffTibbetts

Congrats, Flint! I actually gotten 1% once as well. I tried to take a screenshot of the leaderboard but I couldn't catch it when it was glowing orange. :tongue.: I think it was just a fluke. I get in the 10% fairly often, but usually on my second try. 

Highest I've got is a 2 star. I feel that getting Top 100 will be near impossible, the gap in scores is just incredible.

Edit - Meant 2-star

Also the crazy number of people playing this game. Totally blew my mind first time I checked the leaderboard o_0

But everyone uses the same rating Knight for the daily events. Which is why I don't know how the top 10 are getting like over 300,000 points in a single mission lol.

Edit - also, on a separate note, I'm realizing that as a Knight Pilot, nobody else is going to want to be on the same battlefield as I shoot at everything.

^ It does seem crazy doesn't it?

On that last daily I kept my Markiplier to 6x at minimum from the onset of the mission. I wish we could see some playbacks to see what these 300k bros are doing :D

I've looked around and the top ones almost all have insanely kitted-out Knights. Of course, since everyone uses the same Knight I have no clue what they're doing differently. Maybe there's some benefit to being in the higher loyalty tiers? Flint, it looked like you were up there, do you know if it offers any special bonus on daily events? 

In this day and age I've come to terms with the fact that I will never, ever be able to keep up with kids who skip school to play games all day. I just can't. I'm pretty terrible at video games (and board games, and 40K, come to think of it) but this one I really enjoy. It seems to reward me for just paying attention and really, really wanting to kill xenos and heretics. Since Kilofix posted the bit about shooting at random junk to keep my multiplier up I've been doing a million times better. I knew you could blow stuff up, but I had no idea it actually benefited anything. Now I'm working on trying to kill bigger crowds at once to drive that multiplier up faster and keep it that way. Great advice, everyone! 

Side note: Has anyone else tried to record or stream their games? I streamed on Twitch a couple of times, but pretty much nobody actually watched it. You have to search "Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade" to even find it on Twitch. 

^I actually really loved the Gatling right up until I tried the battle cannon on your recommendation, Kilo. (it really does have such a satisfying *ka-THUNK!*)

The Gatling does great at longer ranges since it gets a great spread. You can hit a ton of stuff all at once, scenery and enemy both, but is kind of an issue when they get too close. It doesn't do all that hot against the heavier tanks/dreads either. So much so I feel like a melta gun is almost a requirement.

Wow my lowly level 16 Knight is looking pretty pathetic right now. How the heck are some of you at level 40? Which makes me wonder, is there a top level cap?

I will add that this game had me experimenting with paint schemes. So I already have a Knight which is predominately red and used with my GK. This game gave me the itch and I'm in the process of doing a new scheme based on what I'm playing in Freeblade which will be used with my Ultramarines.

I'm using a Gatling gun at the moment, along with a melta and a missile launcher. I don't think there's much between the battle cannon and the Gatling gun at high levels, but then I use them mainly for blasting infantry and then kill tough stuff with the melta.

^ I think the biggest difference between the Gatling and the Battle cannon is the area of effect.

The battle cannon's stays the same regardless of range, where the Gatling will cover a larger space the farther away the target is. 

Also sometimes the forge doesn't display the estimated level of the item you will be creating. You need to back out to the main menu then go back into the forge to display such.

Edit - So why are there so many Vortigans on the Leaderboard? Am I missing some sort of association?

Finially, my Freeblade

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/AJB2K3/freeblade_zpsbcwfzitj.jpg

Is that what it is? I've had a quest to build a stubber for a while and I know I've done at least one. 

for the forging sections i'm on then it would appear so.

Archived