Screamin' 814th

mertbl

So after a long break from the game, Ive decided to start playing again. I had a good start 10 years and just boxed it up and left the game. Now im going through trying to repair and retool my army. This is my journey/story. I have most of this stuff, its just mostly grey or primed black. Comes out close to 1850 (doing it by memory and ive changed it so often recently i struggle to remember.)

Regiment: Screaming 814th.

They've been at war for so long they dont even claim a home world anymore.

Hq: Pask in vanquisher with vanquisher sidekick. Both with lascannons. (Hoping I can knock out one enemy battle tank with these guys a turn.)

Elite: 5 man scion squad, 2 meltas, sgt w/pfist.

Troops: 4x vet squads in chimeras. Various special weapon loadout. All carapace armor.

2x vets w/ autocannons and carapace. These guys will camp on deployment objectives.

Heavy: exterminator with heavy bolters all around

2 eradicators for that ignore cover goodness.

2 wyverns because wyverns.

The emperor delivers!!! (In the shape of the usps.)

Today i received 13 heavy weapons teams bases, 3 heavy flamer arm sets that i bought on ebay. I also got my order of plasma and melta guns from mad robot minis. He was super cool and threw in 4 sniper rifles too.

Now i need to kick this nurgle and get out to my work station.

In my opionin, I would go all Russ or all Ordance..

I know sometimes company's do get mixed, but that's the way I would go. All Russ!!!

It is said (I rember WD 252, think it was) that they often take squads in Chimeras. It makes sence, when going into city or woodland you need infantry to disembark and exsplore the terrain. I wounder if these squads are part of the tank company or attached from a infantry platoon?

• 1 month later...

Haha

You should probably do it the other way around

Regular guardsmen get done when frustration with painting scions rises

I like their models but they're a bugger to paint. I still have a bucket load of them I haven't painted yet.

Looking good although need a bit better lighting in the pics hard to see detail ;)

Finished another vet squad with 3 plasma guns and vox.

Also started working on my enginseer. Went with tan/khaki robes so he'll match the army. I like the look more than the standard red.

Painted my first scion. Khaki cloth and blue armor. Do not like it at all. Way too bright. Probably strip it tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Played my first game of my escalation league Thursday night. 600 points. I took CCS w/lascannon and vox. 5 man scion squad w/2 meltaguns, 1 platoon, pcs had heavy flamer and 3 flamers, had 2 infantry squads, 1 vox and autocannon and 1 autocannon, Vets with 3 plasma guns and carapace, wyvern.

My opponent was tyranids with tervigon, 3 zoanthropes, 2 5 man genestealer broods.

Took it all the way to turn six, i had an unscathed wyvern and he had an unharmed tervigon. He won 6-5, custom mission for the league.

The wyvern did work. Lots of hits on the genestealers and zoanthropes in ruins. It was really helpful. The blob squad with a priest and the pcs flamer squad definitely did well also.

Im torn between another wyvern or thudd guns.

The pictures will be delayed.

My laptop is dead and replacing it just isnt a priority.

Archived