SW1's HH Wolves - Wolf-kin Conversion.

SW1

Always work in stages when using green stuff, patience is key :)

1. Basic shape

2. Main texture

3. Texture detailing

Yeah ... I'm regretting my laps in patience. :(

GS has been peeled off both wolves and the joints have been filled once more.

Slow but steady this time so I have just done the upper surface of each paw and now they have been left to cure. Tomorrow I'll do the belly of each of them.

I've been thinking about gs'ing some pelts onto the dreds which will keep me away from the wolves tomorrow evening. I also need to get some of my DW project painted. :devil:

I've started to properly bulk up the heads ...

gallery_25187_9829_118641.jpg

Left to right we have: normal, widened and bulked up.

The head is currently looking a bit bear like however I will change this by building up more of a rough neck fur texture.

I've also accidentally acquired a box of Chaos Warriors and almost all the parts will find their way into the force. Here's the start of a Huscarl in AA ...

gallery_25187_9829_190295.jpg

gallery_25187_9829_797960.jpg

Well my first play around with the Chaos Warriors can be seen below:

gallery_25187_9829_342497.jpg

So going from left to right ... Shields from the kit will work for Breachers (there's 21 to play with), hand weapons (there well over 30 if not 40 to plunder) especially the axes will mix into anywhere and the 16 upper bodies will make Huscarls have AA armour.

Vexilla will be made by using the standards of which there are 4 in the box which is brilliant as well.

So one £25 box has opened up modelling 20 Breachers, added so much more variety to my hand weapons and answered my problem of how to model Artificer Armour. For an impulse purchase I'm happily surprised. :devil:

Archived