++Daemon Forge X: Object marker theme++

gallery_29004_10383_45044.jpg

Welcome to - Daemon Forge -

- Daemon Forge - is aimed as a hobby challenge. Each month will see a set theme for Chaos. This will range from a set unit type, single models, object marker & set themes. The aim is pretty simple. It's all about seeing cool models for Chaos.

For this Daemon Forge theme, it will be Object marker for your Chaos army. Objects are a pretty important part of the 7th ed games of Warhammer 40,000. A great way to help add more story & theme to our armies & why are they battling?

To take part

This is a good chance to build up object for your army & use the deadline as a way to get them fully painted. If you already have object marker built & painted, please feel free post them up while this Daemon Forge is on going.

Starting: 22nd Novemeber

Ending: 20th Decemeber

This is going to be the last Daemon Forge for 2015. 2016 will start with Poseesed theme, so Chaos Marine units, single model, Human Psychic or Daemonhost like we use to see from the 3rd ed codex Grey Knights.

Icon for this & past Daemon Forge will be added soon when time permit.

Inspiration Friday Linked Challenge

With Insane Psychopath's permission, I've started a linked bonus challenge in Inspiration Friday:

Inspiration Friday: Objectives Bonus Challenge

The challenge is independent of our usual weekly/fortnightly challenges (for example the current one with the theme of 'hubris') and asks you to submit a write-up of one of your objective counters (or more than one) along with photos. No picts: no entry.

And my own objective counters for Daemon Forge X!

I'll admit I got started as soon as you decided the theme at the end of DF IX.

One with a Daemonette head pushing its way up through the Wraithbone ground.

One with an Octed carved into the ground, filled with blood.

As for the three with stairs: one will have a familiar on it (the one from the Chaos Lord in TDA kit), one will have a Chaos servo-skull on it and the other will have crates, books and scrolls.

med_gallery_63428_6841_523536.jpg

And as for the one with the Biel-Tan icon...

med_gallery_63428_6841_385630.jpg

As a Slaanesh symbol made from Eldar soulstones.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one working on some?

I'm starting to feel guilty I persuaded Psycho to make objective markers the theme...

Well, here's my progress on the three WIP ones...

med_gallery_63428_9407_302520.jpg

There's more to add to the `stash` one, and neither of the other two (imp and servo-skull) are finished yet.

This is mine all done:

The full set:

med_gallery_63428_6841_95032.jpg

med_gallery_63428_6841_52318.jpg

Rogue Trader and The Edge of Illumination aren't glued in place :D

Most of the time it'll be like this:

med_gallery_63428_6841_234244.jpg

med_gallery_63428_6841_32881.jpg

med_gallery_63428_6841_56923.jpg

med_gallery_63428_6841_103511.jpg

med_gallery_63428_6841_293622.jpg

med_gallery_63428_6841_250953.jpgmed_gallery_63428_6841_369411.jpg

The horn-mounted scope is from the WHFB Empire master engineer. Designed to rotate down over the servo-skull's right eye when needed.

Dark Tongue icon for `6` on the back of the skull. One wonders what's in the bag...

med_gallery_63428_6841_49084.jpg

And a close-up.

med_gallery_63428_6841_72448.jpg

Now I need to write up some fluff for Inspiration Friday about one or more of them...

Gelidis

Gelidis had been made by the children of Gurink every year. The children that were given over to the witch in return for her finding the best timber tracks, with the most lucrative grains of wood, rich blu pines, snow firs, and Emperor spruces. Her sight had never failed the village, and their timber proceeds doubled those of other villages. Most of the children would be returned physically unharmed, most. It was a price the village was willing to pay in order to have a chance of surviving famine, fire, and the once a century snow stalker winter. The winter that was so cold that none left their cabins, so cold that game animals either buried deep or froze, winter that forced those great cats, snow stalkers, to break into cabins and devour starving men huddled before their hearths.

From a distance, the making of Gelidis appeared as the typical play of children in the autumn snow. They would fashion the rough semblance of a man with a series of large, but progressively smaller snowballs, all the while singing songs. But if you were to get too close to what was transpiring, you would realize that they were practicing fell sorcery. The stacking of the snowballs was done with ritual care. The singing was more like chanting, calling on the daemon Gelidis to once again return to Gurink. It is why the villagers took great pains to avoid the witch's hut, and even the parents of the children selected for serving the witch, would not speak or even look at their offspring, until their service was complete. They merely prayed for their safekeeping, and counted the days until they would hopefully be returned.

After the ritual stacking of snowballs, came the other preliminary preparations. The arms of Gelidis were made from switches the children were sent to retrieve from the forest when the witch was displeased. Other measures were taken by the children themselves, in a vain effort to warm the heart of the daemon. Buttons from an old coat were placed into the chest of their creation, to symbolize a real coat. As fearful as the children were, they were still unwilling to give up any significantly sized piece of fabric this close to winter. They did relent to giving up a scarf they had stolen from a drying rack next to the smoke shed, where meats and fish were being prepared for the coming winter. But all these simple measured lacked ritual power, and did nothing to appease Gelidis, and nothing to appease the witch. She cracked the door to her hut and cackled, "Finish it my children, finish it now!" Then slammed the door. Hesitantly, the children went to the old helm. Older than they could possibly fathom. It took four of them to lift it, the baroque great helm, black save for a bronze arrow cresting the crown, and with great horns of some breast sprouting forwards, above the ears. Not the long saber like antlers of the stilky bucks, even now dueling to the death as raging hormones flooded their bodies in the throws of the rut, but thick, brutal, horns of a beast that was used to charging headlong into battle, unconcerned with defense, only with killing the victim of its charge. There must have been some magic in that old black helm they found, for when they placed it on his head, he began to slash around. Welts from the switches of Gelidis's arms would never heal, like the hatred pouring from the red eye lenses, they were eternal. Now fully formed, Gelidis boomed across the village, "Death to the False Emperor! We are returned!" The villagers fled indoors, where most of them would stay as much as possible until the spring thaw that would melt the snow daemon. But he would be back again some day. That they were sure.

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/Carrack1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswt2zkfdr.jpeg

Damn those dogs! I'm a daemon not a fire hydrant!

Having been busy working on some filthy Xenos, I haven't done a lot of Chaos lately, though the New Year shall bring a large Thousand Son contingent to the Quintos as I venture into the realms of the Horus Heresy.

However in the meantime, I happen to have some objective markers that I use with the Quintos's Khorne Daemonkin, carefully numbered so that they don't need a dice stacked next to them.

Blood Pool Objective Markers

Archived