Guard Mont'ka Formations!

Lukash_

The emperors shield formation seems a little cubersome for a core choice... 150 infantry min?

Wouldn't it be 80 infantry min? You can field a platoon with 25 infantry, so three platoons plus the ccs makes 80

edit, nvm, I see the restriction saying it requires at least 5 infantry squads, but I think that was intended to mean 5 of any of the options. Because the GW bundle for that formation has 2 HWT 2 Infantry squads and one PCS. You can't have more than 5 infantry squads in a platoon anyway so the at least part only makes sense with my interpretation 

The wording here seems suspect. For each command choice you "may" include up to three core choices. implying you don't need to do that at all, and just build a list around the command choice, willy-nilly. One of those RAI/RAW things, eh?

Not just that, also look at the icons. It has Command, 1+, 0-3 core, 0-3 auxilary. 

Emperors shield platoon must take 5 squads.

Also, notice how the formation actually doesn't require a core or an Auxilary? Just a command.

GW is selling the emperor's shield platoon bundle with 2 infantry squads, 2 HWT, and a PCS, which makes 5 units. The rule also says it has to have at least 5 infantry squads. but you cant have more than 5 infantry squads so it only makes sense if they intended it to mean 5 units from the regular platoon options. So if their bundle is accurate then their rules are poorly worded. Yaaay GW

The emperors shield formation seems a little cubersome for a core choice... 150 infantry min?

Wouldn't it be 80 infantry min? You can field a platoon with 25 infantry, so three platoons plus the ccs makes 80

edit, nvm, I see the restriction saying it requires at least 5 infantry squads, but I think that was intended to mean 5 of any of the options. Because the GW bundle for that formation has 2 HWT 2 Infantry squads and one PCS. You can't have more than 5 infantry squads in a platoon anyway so the at least part only makes sense with my interpretation

The core choice is a CCS and 3 Emperors shield platoons.

And emperors shield platoon is one platoon and 1-3 sentinel squads. It has a restriction of a minimum of 5 infantry squads.

Its possible its a typo, or a change in the upcoming codex, but as written its 15 infantry squads and 3 PCS, 3-9 sents.

Emperors shield platoon must take 5 squads.

Also, notice how the formation actually doesn't require a core or an Auxilary? Just a command.

So you have to take a command. For each command you can take 0-3 cores. For each core you can take 0-3 aux.

So you still have to take cores to get into the aux.

There is some very nice stuff in here, but its kind of disipointing (unless the codex brings about some significant point drops).

Where would the Tank Ace stuff be though?

Nowhere, that's scenario-specific.

Here is the tank ace table posted in the other thread

Elite armoured formation:

The Astra Militarum player can roll once on the tank aces table and apply the result to an Astra Militarum vehicle. No Pask, can roll twice and apply to both.

2 No effect

3 Armor pen rolls against this tank have -1 

4 d3 to ramming

5 extra 6 when moving flat out

6 Can move the tank anywhere in the deployment zone after all players deploy.

7 +1 to Ballistic skill

8 +d6 in movement phase, no shooting penalty

9 Stealth tanks. (Sly Marbo confirmed?)

10 one weapon on the tank can fire twice. 

11 Weapons more than 18 inches away must reroll succesful to hit this tank.

12 choose what you want.

Dangit, I still can't figure out that blasted Emperor's Shield Platoon. The online bundle says it gives you everything you need. There are 5 non vehicle units. But the formation says 5 infantry squads. How loose is the definition of infantry squads?

Exactly, RAW that bundle doesn't give you what you need. But it wouldn't make sense that it says "at least" 5 infantry squads when you can't have more than 5 infantry squads anyway so it would just say you must have 5 infantry squads. So RAI I think it is any 5 of the sub units to make a legal platoon. Just GW doing it's usual day one rule wording screw ups. With no FAQ in sight

Archived