Help with Zone Mortalis with alternate tiles?

Kastor Krieg

I have two sets of tiles from the latest Space Hulk edition, I have the tiles from both the Execution Force and the Betrayal at Calth. I'm looking to run some ZM games using these, are there any traps or pitfalls I should be aware of? Any tips or tricks I should know about?

Make use of small Barricades/obstacles or whatever to be used as potential cover save givers.

ZM, due to its nature, is very brutal and if they bring Ap3 Weapons, your marines are without saves and that might not be all that fun.

Make liberal use of Doors too, to break line of sight, especially if you have long hallways.

There is a special overwatch ability called Reaction Fire for ZM which is an Initiative Test to perform Overwatch at Full Ballistic Skill.

If you want to up the Brutality even further, consider using the Hostile Environments (iirc) rules which causes all shooting attacks vs units not in 2+, Void-Hardened Armor or AV13 to be Rending.

ALL Template weapons gain Shred for Free. If they already have shred, +1S.

Space Hulk corridors are narrow. House rule two unbulky models can fit side by side?

I've played a few games with my ZM Tiles and didnt have any problems lining up 2 25mm bases side by side so it shouldnt be a problem, imo. A 60mm base should only spill over ~2-5mm on either side of the tile.

I made few amendements to the Zzone mortalis rules, instead of square areas such as the ammunition lift or the command throne the defender'll choose a hex tile instead

You can use the barricade/obstacle/ blast gate markers for the stratagems, the action markers can be useful too as trap or objective markers

ah and the white tiles'll provide 5+ cover (as rubble) but not difficult terrain

Played today, board looked like on the pic below. We've agreed that we don't mind bases spilling over "into the black", which effectively allows for two 25mm or 32mm bases side by side.

We've also agreed to use the doors in the "Accessible" mode and that the doors can be used as makeshift barricades, where the controlling unit opens them just a bits, sticks weapons through the slit and fires. That's be the "4+ save, GtG give +2" case. All the space gave 6+ because of the nature of the hulk, hiding partially behind a wall gave 5+ save. It all worked really nicely. We've also put down some "barricades" using some markers and the door stand bits. The "Aquila" markers could also be used this way.

http://i.imgur.com/n7nDT9M.jpg

Archived