Neverending Campaign Project

I decided to just copy and paste the stuff from the pdf into a new publisher file, and did add a small amount of content (and made a few minor changes). I got rid of all the rules except for the Simurghs, since they won't be in the new edition. Their rules are strictly tentative, as I haven't seen the rules for Gargoyles (or the rest of the Tyranids) yet.

I also added placeholder images for the amoured company part of the imperium forces section, those will hopefully be changed once I decide what color scheme I want to go with. I also need help deciding on the rest of the background for the Imperium forces. Advice is welcomed.

EDIT: Whoops, realized I forgot to change the rules in the Ambush at the Refinery mission to the Space Hulk rules. Here's the revised version.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfvjjq6cjkgqi2k/The%20Laelaps%20Incursion%20vol%201%20v2.pdf?dl=0

Edited by reptilelover1995

UPDATE: The recent Genestealer Cults faction focus has given me an idea for mission #5 in the Niae campaign - Given that each Genestealer Cults detachment will be allowed to take a single Astra Militarum allied detachment, I can have a mission where perhaps the reinforcements sent by the Inquisitor (the Scions and the company of Astra Militarum) along with Ganska's forces are caught in a pincer maneuver between the Cults, and what they initially think to be their allies (the now-enthralled forces of Commander Cutter). I still need to work out details for it, though.

I also still need to decide exactly how I want to have the fourth mission (retaking the repair depot) to be done. I would rather not have it be a simple objectives based game simply because it is directly following a simple objectives-based mission, and that could get monotonous.

Suggestions are welcomed!

• 10 months later...

Hello everyone, long time no update!

Now, I have managed to get rough drafts ready for 2 of my campaign books - the first covers the first invasion of the Astreon sector by the Tyranid Hive Fleet Laelaps, and the two battles within that system, while the second covers the consumption of Rivicto, the homeworld of my own Space Marine Chapter, the Emerald Serpents. I am working on a third campaign book now, that covers battles fought between my Chapter and the Death Guard.

For the first book, most of the mission rules and the army lists are still based on 7th edition rules, as I have not had the time to go back and make revisions for 8th with working on the new ones. Plus, part of the campaign involves a Genestealer Cult, and Genestealer Cults are absolutely awful right now so I figure I will at least wait for their codex to drop to see if there is enough to salvage to actually make some fun fluffy lists.

Here is a link to the first campaign book: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfvjjq6cjkgqi2k/The%20Laelaps%20Incursion%20vol%201%20v2.pdf?dl=0
Here is the second: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0tq7l70ap13qnd/The%20Fall%20of%20Rivicto.pdf?dl=0
Here is what I have for the third so far: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvxu3x9cnyru2z8/Campaign%20series%20volume%203.pdf?dl=0

I've also made some minor changes to the chapter symbol, though I could definitely use an expert in photoshop to really make it look the best it possibly can (as I would really like to have either transfer sheets or custom pauldrons made).Improved%20Chapter%20symbol.jpg?dl=0 You can see it in the second book in the section describing the Chapter.

Overall, I feel like I could really use some assistance in making sure I am consistent in my portrayals of the Chapter's beliefs/culture, and making sure they are interesting, yet not so deviant that they are not believable. I am mainly trying to keep them focused on being rather pragmatic, ie not focused on things like personal honor in combat and whatnot. I am also trying to give them a justification for having some Heresy-era gear (largely because I love the models), and my thought was to do a Space Hulk campaign where they find the remains of either an arms/armor shipment that got lost in the Warp, or the remains of part of an Expeditionary fleet from the time immediately before the Heresy (ie before Horus fell on Davin), but all records of the original Legion(s) whose wargear it was are lost (if it were identified as Loyalist, it would just end up being returned to their Chapter - if it were from a traitor Legion, it would likely be destroyed), so they take it for themselves, while supplying any non-Astartes wargear they found to the Mechanicus in the sector. Figured I would get thoughts on this.

Anyways, anyone who would like to help me in any way with this project is more than welcome to give advice or comments! :)
Improved%20Chapter%20symbol.jpg?dl=0

• 4 weeks later...

I've started working on a Space Hulk campaign series, using mainly the rules from both the 4th ed Space Hulk rules, as well as using inspiration from the fluff to make rules for Tartaros pattern armor and some of the weapons unique to that pattern such as the reaper autocannon and volkite charger. However, I still need help coming up with the rest of the missions to tell the story. Any ideas are appreciated, as is any feedback on anything I've done thus far!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/moyqqiq553zd1o0/Campaign%20series%20volume%204.pdf?dl=0

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone! Long time no posts!

I'm posting because I've decided that I was really not happy with the overall quality of the narrative portions I have written so far, and so I have been going back to the drawing board, so to speak, starting with the original volume in the series. I am also trying to make sure I have enough content in each of these volumes to guide actual missions and board design. So, I am looking for as much help as I can get with the narrative and backgrounds!

For those who don't remember, the first volume is called the Death of Proxion, and concerns the struggles of the Astra Militarum against the forces of Hive Fleet Laelaps as well as a Genestealer Cult uprising. RIght now I am re-writing the part of the campaign that takes place on the moon Jana, analogous to modern Titan in environment. I have re-written a good amount of it, making the narrative more character-driven. However, right now I am at a bit of a creative block and could use suggestions on multiple things.

First thing is the background for the regiment. I am trying to make a Regiment that is effectively the Regiment of the entire sector - that way I can justify using the same paint scheme (and thus re-using models) in future campaigns. However, I definitely need help making sure their background seems reasonable, and while unique does not feel like it's trying too hard. I also definitely need ideas for a paint scheme, as I have no ideas and could use some inspiration! Since I want to include art in these volumes, I need to know what to do for that!

Second thing is the layout of particular facilities such as the primary facility at which the dam battle takes place. This sort of information helps me write because I know where characters are, where they need to go, and what they will be passing through on their way there. So any help with that part of things would be great! I am planning on hopefully making makeshift "maps" of each of these spots, as they do in stuff like Imperial Armour.

Here is a link to what I have so far, feel free to give any other feedback as well! Note that the narrative from the break in page 40 onward is going to be completely re-written, so just ignore from there until the end of the narrative portion. Also, the army lists and whatnot for the latter part of this campaign (the ones involving the Genestealer Cults) are from 7th edition and will be completely re-done once I get the first part of the campaign finished.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xeln98vm94kvgva/The%20Death%20of%20Proxion.pdf?dl=0

Edited by reptilelover1995