[HH1.0] Thousand Sons tactica

Excessus

Well, I run Recon Comp extensively with my XXtht legion and can clearly see the appeal in running that RoW with Amon, seems incredibly neat.

Question is, what will you do for anti-tank, and will you use an allied detachment with that ?

There's neat choices to be had in the FA slot (Lightning, Javelins, etc.) but not being able to deploy HS choices is something you need to work with.

For anti tank I had a squadron of 4 regular speeders with graviton guns and multi meltas outflanking with Amon's warlord trait. In heavy support I got a Fire Raptor, which would be in reserves nonetheless so its not a problem. My original list looked something like this:

- Amon

-3x recon

- seekers in Proteus with augury web

- 10 ammitara

- 4 speeders

- Fire Raptor

Little shy of 2k.

I was toying with an idea of having 2 Lightnings in a sub-orbital strike wing. A bit cheesy, I know, but I ran out of fast slots and it would provide me some of the much needed anti tank.

Open to ideas, I'm kinda opposed to buying all those fliers, they're so god damn expensive :D

Edit: some corrections, sent on a phone so forgive me.

Edited by Spiritual Liege

Quick one guys,

Last night me and a TS player teamed up to take on a SW/SH army, all 4players had 1 k each. It is for an upcoming doubles tournament. I play AL.

Amon's rule that dissalows units to DS within 12" of him- coiuld a drop pod DS just outside the 12" 'bubble" and then deploy within said bubble?

Same goes with deploying over 25" away from him when outflanking but moving within the bubble from reserves?

Cheers.

Apologies if this came up earlier in the thread.

Per the rules, any Consul can take a Psyker level for 20 points.  But if I take the Librarian upgrade am I able to get my Librarian to Level 3 with the two levels a Librarian is allowed to take?

I can see this from two points, I mean... Thousand Sons, makes sense even their basic librarians are better than anyone else's.  On the other hand, I could see it being not allowed because it's pretty powerful.

I wouldn't think so. If that were possible, they'd just instead have a rule that says 'Librarians can be Mastery Level 3'. Instead, the Praetors can be ML 3, which makes more sense as they would be the most powerful within the Legion.

Apologies if this came up earlier in the thread.

Per the rules, any Consul can take a Psyker level for 20 points.  But if I take the Librarian upgrade am I able to get my Librarian to Level 3 with the two levels a Librarian is allowed to take?

I can see this from two points, I mean... Thousand Sons, makes sense even their basic librarians are better than anyone else's.  On the other hand, I could see it being not allowed because it's pretty powerful.

You could... try reading the rule. Is your HQ IC already psyker? No? he can buy ML1. Yes? Then he can't.

Is a Librarian a psyker? Well without buying at least ML1 from his list of options he's not legal, so yes he is. And so he can't.

Yeah, but  'per the rules'  suggests the person inquiring above has read them.

In any case, the rules clearly read:

'Any HQ independent Character unit who is not already a Psyker can be purchased a Mastery Level of
I for +20 points, and may exchange a power weapon with which they have been equipped for a force
weapon for +5 points.'

This is the forum for the scions of Magnus. We should be grateful for any knowledge, no matter how bitter to swallow .

Btw, not really tactics, but does anyone have any rubrics on hand that they can put next to a Mk3 or Mk4 marine? I honestly hadn't even considered that they may look funny side by side until the Primaris thread mentioned their size repeatedly.

This is the forum for the scions of Magnus. We should be grateful for any knowledge, no matter how bitter to swallow .

Btw, not really tactics, but does anyone have any rubrics on hand that they can put next to a Mk3 or Mk4 marine? I honestly hadn't even considered that they may look funny side by side until the Primaris thread mentioned their size repeatedly.

Seen a few frater mix and match the parts so they are 100% fine. They're just a little more upright in stance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey. there's one of my Thousand Sons vs an Ultramarines force :-P admittedly, the UM force wasn't great but we were testing out the rules. Really like the versatility of the Thousand Sons, it's been a lot of fun just seeing the combinations with our Cults. It's great having the 3++ for your Lord and choosing Raptora, but I really enjoyed using a Biomancy Lvl 3 Praetor who proceeded to cast Iron Arm and HULKSMASH a Spartan off the table by himself after my Sicaran Venator failed to for 3 turns in a row.

Hey. there's one of my Thousand Sons vs an Ultramarines force :-P admittedly, the UM force wasn't great but we were testing out the rules. Really like the versatility of the Thousand Sons, it's been a lot of fun just seeing the combinations with our Cults. It's great having the 3++ for your Lord and choosing Raptora, but I really enjoyed using a Biomancy Lvl 3 Praetor who proceeded to cast Iron Arm and HULKSMASH a Spartan off the table by himself after my Sicaran Venator failed to for 3 turns in a row.

Great. Do you have a link? Edited by Gorgoff