[HH1.0] Thousand Sons tactica

Excessus

• 4 weeks later...

So any thoughts on how to deal with the psyarcana weapons from malevolence now?

They'll be rare at best and if not easy enough to avoid I think. If not, see it as a challenge and a balance :)

There is not LOADS of super crazy perils inducing ones...

• 2 months later...

finally started building my GotCK list. I plan to deep strike three terminator squads. I infiltrate a small ammitara and deliver a veteran plasma squad in an anvilus as vox-anchors. there also is a melta support squad delivered in an augury-web-equipped proteus.

Unsure if I am brave enough to enter the Sehkmet part of it to the ETL, but i want to build them now. thing is i do not want to magnetize the terminator arms. how to equip them? How does Force sword sergeant, 2 PF and 2 CFs sound?

finally started building my GotCK list. I plan to deep strike three terminator squads. I infiltrate a small ammitara and deliver a veteran plasma squad in an anvilus as vox-anchors. there also is a melta support squad delivered in an augury-web-equipped proteus.

Unsure if I am brave enough to enter the Sehkmet part of it to the ETL, but i want to build them now. thing is i do not want to magnetize the terminator arms. how to equip them? How does Force sword sergeant, 2 PF and 2 CFs sound?

5 man, axe on sgt, 2chain, 2 fist and 2 combo melta and a well placed command rhino. That's what I've prev used and it delivers a nice punch.

• 3 weeks later...

5 man, axe on sgt, 2chain, 2 fist and 2 combo melta and a well placed command rhino. That's what I've prev used and it delivers a nice punch.

I built by 3 squads all the same.  Sword, Axe, Maul, CF x 2, 3x CombiMelta, 1 x Combi Plasma and 1 x Combi Flammer.  Comes out to ~ 3 Beny's.  If I could do it again I'd dump the combi fammer, plasma and 1 melta.

• 2 weeks later...

Thousand Sons can't take Sanctic Daemonology because there is no corresponding 'Cult Arcana' and thus cannot upgrade a Primus Nullificator to use said psychic discipline.

But then the nullificator says "it must generate" same as the cult so which one take precedence

Thousand Sons can't take Sanctic Daemonology because there is no corresponding 'Cult Arcana' and thus cannot upgrade a Primus Nullificator to use said psychic discipline.

But then the nullificator says "it must generate" same as the cult so which one take precedence
Obviously the cult arcana, because you have to give your characters those. And when you do so they cannot take powers from other lists thus forfeit the chance to be this consul.

Obviously the cult arcana, because you have to give your characters those. And when you do so they cannot take powers from other lists thus forfeit the chance to be this consul.

May as well send an FAQ message, out of curiosity. You're saying the legion rules always come before unit entry rules/upgrades. Does that then mean I can get a librarian, buy a mastery level with the legion rule then purchase two more because of his entry?

Doesn't need a FAQ at all, it's pretty clear.

All units with LA rules need to pick a Cult Arcana. If they happen to be psykers, then they may generate powers from the corresponding discipline.

Of course, this means, that you could take a Primus Nullificator, have him select 'Raptora' (for example) via the Cult Arcana, and then buy him a (much more expensive) level of psychic mastery in Telekinesis via the 'Prosperine Lore' that all characters that are Thousand Sons can select, if they are not psykers already.

And no, you can't bump up your Librarian, since he already is a psyker. Re-read the 'Prosperine Lore' entry.

EDIT: Addendum:

Also, if you want a level 3 psyker, you already got your exclusive Thousand Sons Praetor.

Edited by Unknown Legionnaire

Doesn't need a FAQ at all, it's pretty clear.

All units with LA rules need to pick a Cult Arcana. If they happen to be psykers, then they may generate powers from the corresponding discipline.

Of course, this means, that you could take a Primus Nullificator, have him select 'Raptora' (for example) via the Cult Arcana, and then buy him a (much more expensive) level of psychic mastery in Telekinesis via the 'Prosperine Lore' that all characters that are Thousand Sons can select, if they are not psykers already.

And no, you can't bump up your Librarian, since he already is a psyker. Re-read the 'Prosperine Lore' entry.

EDIT: Addendum:

Also, if you want a level 3 psyker, you already got your exclusive Thousand Sons Praetor.

As an update the faq says "can only generate powers from the cult" the Nullificator "selects" his power he doesn't generate

Good.

Hopefully, while you were on it, you asked them to clear up this whole 'generates', 'rolls for ...' and 'selects' & 'chooses'  their psychic powers mess scattered around all the current books and army list entries.  :wink:

Good.

Hopefully, while you were on it, you asked them to clear up this whole 'generates', 'rolls for ...' and 'selects' & 'chooses' their psychic powers mess scattered around all the current books and army list entries. :wink:

Since FW has nerfed every "can pick because they didn't write 'to roll for powers' nitpicking' in the past, it is very save to assume that no model can choose specific powers unless they specifically say so like they did in Lorgars rules for example.

They all roll a dice to choose their powers no matter how stupid FW writes it down. Especially when we talk about a +5 points psyker upgrade. ;)

I guess the intention behind the Nullificator is that he becomes a psyker so easy and cheap because that boosts his ability to nullify enemy powers from demon armies. Hence the name. B)

Edited by Gorgoff

That's exactly my thinking Gorgoff. Everybody agrees on that ... except for a select (see what I did there) minority, fishing for advantages.

Not fishing I don't even take one, in all fairness, just think it's interesting how they've worded it

Edited by AdamSMValar

• 4 months later...