First Company Task Force package:

2x Tactical Terminator Squads - AU$74.00ea

1x Terminator Close Combat Squad - AU$74.00

2x Sternguard Veterans - $AU70.00ea

2x Vanguard Veterans - $AU65.00ea

Normal price: AU$492.00

Bundle price: AU$410.00

% saving: 16.75% off.

The first deal is almost exactly a Mortalis Formation. Just count Lemartes as a regular Chaplin and you are golden.

Shame the discount is less than buying the components individually from a web store. sad.png

Indeed and these independent retailers have yet to announce what there sales will be...

The first deal is almost exactly a Mortalis Formation. Just count Lemartes as a regular Chaplin and you are golden.

Shame the discount is less than buying the components individually from a web store. sad.png

Yes, that makes me a bit sad, too ... but also a bit relieved because otherwise I would not have been able to resist the temptation to buy a bunch of stuff.

As it is, I'm better off to just stick to my plan of not buying anything new (from online retailers) until I have painted what I already have.

As I said in the other thread, pics don't match description.

You’ll receive a Furioso Dreadnought, a set of Death Company Blood Angels, a Storm Raven and Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost.

If you get 15DC, Lemmy, Raven and 2 dreads, this is great for GW, but as above, still more expensive than an online retailer.

Still, they will get a lot of sales. If GW prices were like this all the time, I'd only buy from them.

Shame the discount is less than buying the components individually from a web store. :(

Yes, that makes me a bit sad, too ... but also a bit relieved because otherwise I would not have been able to resist the temptation to buy a bunch of stuff.

As it is, I'm better off to just stick to my plan of not buying anything new (from online retailers) until I have painted what I already have.

Ah the eternal battle :D

As I said in the other thread, pics don't match description.

You’ll receive a Furioso Dreadnought, a set of Death Company Blood Angels, a Storm Raven and Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost.

If you get 15DC, Lemmy, Raven and 2 dreads, this is great for GW, but as above, still more expensive than an online retailer.

Still, they will get a lot of sales. If GW prices were like this all the time, I'd only buy from them.

The UK one is up and everything now matches. £145 for the online version...

Yeah first thing I noticed about the package was the strike force mortalis overlap. I honestly think its the best formation in the codex despite never playing it. I don't have even close to enough models yet. This would have helped 12 months ago!

Ha! Charlo and I think alike again!

If it's under a 20% saving it's an okay deal at best msn-wink.gif

I checked the steel tank one, and it came out at cheaper than dark sphere, which is flat 25%

Dark sphere was 210 for just the russes and no postage

GW is 215 for an additional hydra and free postage, so I assume the DC box is similar.

I just checked this, using the new chappy instead of Lemartes, and when you factor in shipping, Dark Sphere is £155 , compared to GW's 145.

GW offers a 21 % discount of GW RRP, with free shipping, which is worth another 10 %.

If it's under a 20% saving it's an okay deal at best msn-wink.gif

I checked the steel tank one, and it came out at cheaper than dark sphere, which is flat 25%

GW is 215 for an additional hydra and free postage, so I assume the DC box is similar.

I just checked this, using the new chappy instead of Lemartes, and when you factor in shipping, Dark Sphere is £155 , compared to GW's 145.

GW offers a 21 % discount of GW RRP, with free shipping, which is worth another 10 %.

Beat me to it. Great, now I have to find something else to procrastinate with dry.png

Here's something odd, First Company Task Force is not among Black Friday deals on GW's store but a search brings it up, what gives?  http://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/1st-Company-Task-Force (EDIT: Nevermind, I'm dumb and blind as a bat)

Also, why are the Tactical Terminator Squads armed with Assault cannon and Cyclone Launchers?  Is that a valid option in C:SM?

These are actually fairly good discounts by GW standards, I was expecting much less.  Respect.

It would still be much cheaper to order from an independent retailer for anyone who can (Unfortunately I can't, so I'll try to make the best of what they offer..  Not that I need any of this)

I think you did something wrong then. All 8 tanks together are £188.25 together + shipping. You're probably looking at the RRP, not the discounted price.

So yeah, these Black Friday deals are basically poor value for anyone that buys from an online retailer.

In store deals:

Link to GW Pinecrest clarifying what's on offer.

Death Company Assault - £125 (RRP £147)

• 2 x Furioso, DC
  • 1 x Stormraven

~~ Sadly even with postage, this can be found cheaper on the internet (~£110 excluding postage)

Space Marine Veterans - £165 (RRP £194)

• 2 x Sternguard, "Tactical" Terminators, Vanguard
  • 1 x Terminator Assault

~~ Sadly even with postage, this can be found cheaper on the internet (~£145.5 excluding postage)

Online deals:

The Death Company - £145 (RRP £178.50)

• 3 x DC
  • 2 x Furioso
  • 1 x Lemartes, Stormraven

~~ As Lemartes isn't available externally, I have added the new Chaplain (£15 on an independent). Excluding postage, this weighs in ~ £141.

1st Company Task Force - £160 (RRP £194)

• Exactly the same as above?? 0.o

The point is, whilst those in the know will look elsewhere, this is still "great" for those who can't go via alternative options (or who don't know them).

I just popped into the Warhammer Store on Tottenham Court Road whilst on lunch. The guy there has said that store deals are different to online deals, but that managers have the ability to price match where there is a difference. That implys a certain amount of flexibility at their end / openess to negotiate...

Very unlike GW.

May have to go back after work and actually spend some money...

And then hide from the wife...

Again.

I think you did something wrong then. All 8 tanks together are £188.25 together + shipping. You're probably looking at the RRP, not the discounted price.

So yeah, these Black Friday deals are basically poor value for anyone that buys from an online retailer.

Ah, yes, you're right, mea culpa.

Archived