What to do with Landspeeders

pivot676

Hi all. I have 7 Landspeeders total. one of which is a darkshroud and 3 of them are typhoons.

I have three speeders left that arent built yet. was going to do all 3 of them typhoons as well, but I'm not 100% on that yet and wanted to see what people thought.

My preference would be Tornados just for variety.

If you are good with magnets you can magnetize the bottom weapon so that it can be swapped or left behind for the standard model. Heck you could even magnetize the doors to allow the weapon pods to be attached with magnets to make them a typhoon.

As far as multi melta go I prefer attack bikes for thag job over land speeders and have quite a few MM attack bikes already.

I'm really terrible with magnets so I try not to use them, which sucks but yea

I may make a couple of tornados as the assault cannons can be pretty awesome, I've just always been scared of getting my Landspeeders in that close, hence all the typhoons

I only run two varieties of speeders: tornadoes and typhoons. Typhoons are great fire support for the deathwing, and tornadoes are perfect in an RWAS with their seven shots...you might not need seven shots to unlock the +1BS for the bikes, but you do need to be shooting at the same target, which implies boltgun targets or grav gun targets...either of which benefits from being "serviced" by the assault cannon tongue.png

If I ever get around to it, I'll add a darkshroud to my stable...

Right now I am running two land speeders, both are Typhoons. I have converted a tempest by changing out the assault cannon for a heavy bolter and the other is magnetized. So the missile launcher can come off and the upper half of the gunner comes off. He is magnetized at the waist. I could not think of an easier and cleaner looking way to do it. Looking at the assault bike, you should be able to swap out the gunners but I think the mounting bar may be lower. It might be hard to see the details as there is black spray primer on every thing. There are two small magnets on the land speeder and a small piece of metal on the door. If I could do it again, I would recess the magnets into the cross bar that they are glued to. I had to trim back part of the door for the metal strip. The gunner uses two small magnets to keep him in place.

med_gallery_83962_10975_523860.jpg

med_gallery_83962_10975_689317.jpg

Here's a pic of mine the Bolter one is dead easy bit more difficult on the Typhoon I've put a piece of metal rod to show where they are

speeders

Defianatley worth doing for Assault Cannon/HB/Melta Switch

For a lot of games I've been using the Typhoons in the Squad with the shroud and the 3 HB speeders as backup, the beauty of the HB speeders is they outrange one of my regular foes marine bikes so while not getting them to jink they do stay out of range and put in a lot of wounds

• 2 weeks later...

I liked using them as a DS Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer Delivery. Kind of my Quick Reaction Force for those problems that pop up. Not to expensive throw away unit for me. Lets me keep my other units for the plan I had when I started the battle and let these guys drop in and roast or melt something. If everything is going well (usually isn't) I drop in and fry that unit of scouts/rangers whatever objective camping in cover unit is being a nuisance but not worth the firepower effort. Then they have the speed next turn to help with something that truly needs it.

Archived