Crude Test Mini for Sons of Horus Base Color

Malakai

Just slapped some paint on a practice model. I was blending and playing around with colors. I wanted to find a more straightforward way of getting that weird Sons of Horus green. So I used just some turquoise and dark green (VGC colors) Don't worry his MkVII won't make it into the army.

So what do you think? Too green, too turquoise, too light to dark? Your opinions would help me out a lot. Thanks.http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=223163&d=1448642656

Looks pretty nice, but perhaps a base coat of runefang/mithril silver could lighten up the colour (as it looks pretty dark for the moment on the photo) and it would give it that slight metallic aspect of the Forge World minis ?

The cool thing about this scheme is you can mix a little more turquoise into it to lighten it up. Also I had put a black wash on it and didn't go back with the original color.

I know that in the books they had a metallic color but I'm not really excited to use silver in the base paint.

The cool thing about this scheme is you can mix a little more turquoise into it to lighten it up. Also I had put a black wash on it and didn't go back with the original color.

I know that in the books they had a metallic color but I'm not really excited to use silver in the base paint.

No problem :) I think you've got the colour composition pretty much spot on, so I wouldn't worry about it :P

Archived