Help me choose a legion....

StaggerLee

Hello, new member here! Always wanted to join and finally have, seriously the best forum for all things warhammer :)

Ok so I have the following models, and was wondering what is the best legion for me to do at 2.5k? I keep flitting and just cant decide.... 

40x marines

2x contemptor 

1x land raider proteus

5x cataphractii with dual lightning claws

2x chaplain

1x praetor

Autilon Skorr

Armillus Dynat

Sigismund

Lorgar

Mortarion

Angron

2x apothecary

tactical support squad with flamers

heavy support squad with missile launchers

converted hol beloth

converted crysos morturg (found running him in a squad with mortarion with endurance funny)

Any ideas? Greatly appreciated and again hi everyone :)

Hi there bud welcome to B&C, i'm pretty new to this forum too :P 

First off; damn you've got a lot of toys ;) a lot of flexibility there to pick virtually any legion you want. Considering you've allready got the Primarchs for both the Death Guard and World Eaters it would make sense to go with one of those but also considering you've got Dynat & Skorr Alpha Legion wouldn't be a bad choice either (definately not biast here ;) . All in all though and as awfully cheesy as this sounds "follow your heart" and forget about the special characters you allready have, if you dont have an interest in the legions they represent. i've been a fly on the wall of the horus heresy for nigh on 3 years and have at various points nearly picked up bits for Sons Of Horus, Iron Hands, Night Lords and Dark Angels before finally settling on Alpha Legion so your definately not alone. You have to go with a legion that you really connect with or you'll end up getting bored. Picking a Legion can be a horribly daunting tast considering there are so many to choose from and they can all seem pretty similar form a gaming standpoint at first glance (theyre not once you really get into it). My advice (and its probably not massively helpful so sorry about that, is to go around and look at as much fluff as you can! Go online and look at some artwork of the legions you like the look of, look at other peoples armies especially conversions which can be a font of inspiration. We are part of a massively creative and talented community so go and immerse yourself in it! The HH books are also a massively useful resource in legion picking so go and read a book about the legion(s) your interested in as that can really help!. I know thats probably not a massive help in helping you pick a specific legion but i think its really gotta be a personal thing :P Cheers.

I'd say word bearers would work well with what you have. You've got the primarch to run along with with big tactical squads, your mandatory chaplain and a 2nd chaplain to run as a diabolist if you want that. I could see a footslogging list working out alright, contemptors advance alongside tacticals with missile launchers for long range anti tank. It's not the best list as you're lacking in some faster vehicles, but I think it's a good start. 

Archived