My first exorcist build

Sororita Katya

0_0

We have enough trouble with penitent engines! I love this model but it took me nigh on six hours to get it to sit all together! Now to green stuff in all the kinks and gaps!

http://i63.tinypic.com/330hen5.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/28mer7d.jpg

I've added some extra bits here and there and modified it a little to make it different to my other ones.

But by all means the metal just didn't want to bend into the right spots to meet the plastic!

I keep putting the assembly of mine off for the same reason. I'll have to get around to it eventually - I want to get some games in soon! laugh.png

I didn't really have a problem with mine, but I do have some gaps between the pipe pieces. The but the pipes stand on was warped but I was able to bend it straight without any tools. the model is half the reason I started my sisters army

When I see metal accessories on a plastic model- especially "accessories" the size of the Exorcist missile launcher- I keep worrying the metal components' weight will bend and distort the plastic model they're resting on.

I wish you luck with this project. Hopefully, the Rhino's body panels won't end up looking like an old bookshelf. (I saw many old bookshelves sag in the middle from the weight of the books resting on them. If you wish to customize your Exorcist, some structural reinforcement may be advisable.)

I gave up and used whirlwind launchers. Didn't look nearly as good, even with the immolator upgrade sprue, and with forgeworld icons. However it saved me a lot of headache. I look forward to seeing some paint.

The pipes are OK, the cockpit for the organist is worse imo.

I also had a problem with the front plate with one, but the rest was OK. Sanding off the moldlines is also a dull saturday affair.

The pipes are OK, the cockpit for the organist is worse imo.

I also had a problem with the front plate with one, but the rest was OK. Sanding off the moldlines is also a dull saturday affair.

Both I agree with whole heartedly, my organ just would not sit properly and I had to sand the bottom off of my organist so she would actually sit in the square built for her. I also found where the metal pipe base sticks to the plastic to be horrifically out of line, the whole damned thing will be liquid green stuffed accordingly to hopefully keep it from ever flying off in battle.

I gave up and used whirlwind launchers. Didn't look nearly as good, even with the immolator upgrade sprue, and with forgeworld icons. However it saved me a lot of headache. I look forward to seeing some paint.

Instead of using the Whirlwind launchers, glue some of the Typhoon Missile Launchers (from the Landspeeder kit) on the back of an Immolator turret. Then mount the top hull section of the Immolator around the other way (so the turret mounts at the rear of the vehicle instead of the front). You get a vehicle that is distinctly Sisters of Battle (since the Sister in the turret is sitting right there), whilst looking obviously different from a Whirlwind.

I followed two different approches when building my two Exorcists (well before liquid Green-Stuff). With the first one, I held the pieces together and immediatly thought: no use in using actual glue and just went for sticking the model together with green Stuff instead, since there was more gap than contact between the pieces.

For the second one i thought: "the designers could't have been THAT bad!" and with the help on two pairs of pliers bend the individual piece into shape(especially the piece between chassie and pipes). There were still a few places left, where I had to cut away bits of the plasic chassie, but as a whole the model suddenly fit together rather perfectly.

I feel your pain.  I bought two of these when it was Codex:  Witchhunters.  They where some of the first tanks I ever put together and some of my first green stuff attempts.  They where terrible to get right.  

When I sold the army and got it back 10 years later.  It came back with two exorcists.  One was one I put together, and one was newer.  Not sure what happened exactly over the 5 owners during that 10 year period.

Anyways, I went to give them simple green baths, and freezer to crack the super glue.  I still couldnt get the organs to fit well.  Filing off the rivets for the panels at least made those fit flush.

Filing, a lot of it. I should have pinned it too, don't know how I forgot that step. One fell off a game board and popped off, I'll definately be pinning that back on. I like the bits added, but for me it makes it have too many more parts poking out and I worry they'll snap off or bend. So, I magnetized my laud speakers and flag/banner. You need to do this when your assembling the rhino part though. Makes for fun swapping of stuff on any of my models.

Good job, great staple of our army and always good to add one and get it actually ready for the table.

Archived