Death Guard Zone Mortalis

hydra89

I'm looking at starting a zone mortalis army as it's becoming more popular at my local club and looks great fun. I'm looking for any advise people can give on the list I've put together.

HQ

Praetor, cataphractii armour, thunder hammer.

4 man Deathshroud squad

Elite

Contemptor dreadnought, plasma cannon, heavy flamer with chem munitions.

Troop

10 man Breacher squad, 2 flamers with chem munitions, sgt with power fist, artificer armour.

Heavy support

5 man Grave warden squad, heavy flamer with chem munitions. 

Total 1000 points

Any advice is more then welcome as I'm new to zone mortalis.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to Zone Mortalis myself, but this list looks very nice overall to me. My one suggestion, and all I really think it's missing, is at least one chainfist in your Grave Warden squad. You're going to want that Armourbane for cutting through bulkhead doors and adding some extra threat to the squad when it goes up against the other heavily armoured units you'll find yourself facing a lot in ZM. If you're running your praetor with your Deathshroud squad, I'd even consider giving him a chainfist as well in place of the thunder hammer. That way both terminator squads have a chainfist-wielding heavy hitter who can threaten basically anything you run into. Best part is, giving your praetor that chainfist instead of the thunder hammer saves you five points, which is exactly what you need to add that chainfist to your Grave Wardens. So you don't need to sacrifice anything else that you already wanted in there.

• 1 month later...

Archived