4th Tarosian Regiment - Reporting For Duty, Sir!

CoffeeGrunt

Looks like I'm gunna have to switch to an alternate image host. Photobucket is demanding $40 a month to allow image embedding, so Photobucket can go swivel.

Anyway, to celebrate 8th Edition I painted up my Saber Defence Platform I converted ages ago. Been having a lot of fun with 8th, looking forward to getting a lot more games in now:

http://i.imgur.com/RiAKLlc.jpg

8th has really brought the game back to life at my local, and I've never been more excited to play. The Guard are getting dusted off for duty quite a bit lately, though I don't think I'll be expanding the forces by a fantastic amount as it's already a pretty hefty collection. I've still got a few pieces to paint, however, so expect to see me uploading a few over the next few months. :)

That said, I'm doing a Tale of Gamers starting a new Tyranid force and I bought some big toys for my Tau, so it might be a little while. :P

http://i.imgur.com/RiAKLlc.jpg

The weapons look like Tau railguns. Were your guardsmen desperate enough to used captured weapons? Did they turn traitor, swear allegiance to the "Greater Good," and were issued the weapon as a sign of trust? Or did you use railguns to kitbash Hydra autocannons?

They're from the planet Taros that was invaded by the Tau and held by them during the Taros Campaign. I sorta moved the plot along a few decades with the idea that the Tau would've sunk resources into building them into a buffer against the Imperium, with the Tarosians using them to aggressively expand, seize Imperial tech wherever they could and merge it with Tau tech to make some really heretical stuff.

It's been a fun project so far. I still need to get around to converting the XV-101 Ironside idea I had: A prototype Riptide due for scrap after the XV-104 Riptide itself was commissioned for production, so it was a failed prototype. The Ethereals decided to, rather than scrap it, gift it to the Tarosians for use in battle. It's a bit clunky and primitive compared to their tech, but still durable and capable. I'd run it as a counts-as Knight, probably in dakka mode.

• 2 months later...

Well, I fixed the thread by transferring everything to Imgur, an image-sharing service that doesn't demand $40 a month to store images. All the previous posts now have their images back, and below is a few shots from the last time I got the whole army out to play, earlier this year.

sQQlcca.jpg

KsnR1lX.jpg

JNc5Qvr.jpg

VJZH83z.jpg

MU2iUMH.jpg

54jSl0Q.jpg

TU7VC3L.jpg

nnOWKI4.jpg

L2CBEzC.jpg

Looking at that army pick, you wouldn't even look twice! But then you look closer and you realize it's XENOS HERESY!!!

Just joking, of course. A really exceptional army. Great concept and even better execution. I would be proud to wipe it's traitorous xeno-loving legions from the Emperor's Imperium any day.

Thanks everyone. This Heresy Train has no brakes though, so y'all better hop aboard or step off the tracks. :P

I got a few fire support elements painted up this week. Here's a few of my Heavy Weapons Squads, (mostly.) I've been finding these really using for constant withering fire, that seems to start to win out around turn three and tip the balance in my favour for the late game. I mostly play against Marines so it tends to be a case of whacking them with the big guns, then wearing down survivors with torrents of Mortar and Heavy Bolter fire.

JaQKJw2.jpg

XR910q8.jpg

V1QTpKa.jpg

9rfOd7B.jpg

VK8oTwD.jpg

0aNqRX0.jpg

Managed to pick up this baby second hand. Not sure if I'll customise it, I'm half-tempted to paint it as a captured artillery piece once I work out the best way to make it look hastily painted without making it look hastily painted. (As in, I did it as a deliberate artistic choice in order to make it look good. Really hard to make something look deliberately painted!)

Y2Sk7xZ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That army picture is terrific! I especially like the Macharius' and the camo-net Vanquisher! :thumbsup: The red-hot heavy bolter barrels and slightly singed sandbags below them are a very nice touch, too!

Edit: though, to be honest, my mind seems to be stuck on HERESY! mode.

http://i.imgur.com/f7EJwmK.gifv

Thanks Dojetka, I'm quite proud of these guys overall, especially with the new Codex under Tallarn rules. They finally play how I've always imagined them! :)

I also managed to get a ten man squad painted up over the weekend, ending my dishonour for fielding unpainted models lately. It's now enough for six Infantry Squads with special weapons. :)

zNWSuzf.jpg

• 1 month later...

0g3Bgme.jpg

Sadly I had to bid goodbye to these loyal guardians of the shelf due to financial difficulties. All but the Macharius Vanquisher and the Hydra Turrets have already found their new homes for the Christmas.

Still sad to let them go after all the time I invested in building and painting them. :(

The heresy is... Wha-no. Waitwhat... No. Wait, what? No. Wait. No. What?

On the whole, gorgeous models and a wonderful execution on the idea.

One question! In your full army pics, you have a female model with a blue skirt/tabbard thing, black hair, and a spear. What model is that?

Yeah, I run her as a Primaris Psyker as she suits the part without being specifically Imperial like the official models are. Suits the army theme nicely.

Also yeah, it's sad to send the models on but I'm hoping they'll be looked after, wherever they go. I know the Russ and Medusa are going to the Troll Trader, so you'll probably see them on their EBay soon, haha. At the end of the day I waited through the Index, Codex and Chapter Approved to see if anything would really make them come off the shelf, and sadly if anything things only happened that kept them on there. As much as I have sentimental love for them, I really need money and they're worth a fair bit of it. :/

Archived