Wraithwing’s Deathwolves - A Space Wolves Painting Blog

Wraithwing

Fenrisian Wolves done:

gallery_5348_11506_35280.jpg

I'm quite pleased with these guys, purely because they were free from a chap on Facebook, who had got them in a job lot. They were smashed up and caked in paint, with mold lines galore, so I'm glad I was able to rescue them!

Cheers,

WW

Work continues on the army, and I'm super keen to keep the momentum going.

As such, I took the plunge, and bought the rest of the army!

gallery_5348_11506_88667.jpg

Just another box of Fenrisian Wolves to go, and I've got the 2000 point army complete.

I've also made a start on the Thunderwolf Cavalry:

gallery_5348_11506_102842.jpg

And done a bit more on the Blood Claws, who I hope to get finished tonight:

gallery_5348_11506_42365.jpg

Cheers,

WW

Another quick WIP update, second half of my Melta Pack of Grey Hunters built. That's all 30 Power Armour on foot bodies built:

gallery_5348_11506_123574.jpg

Currently building three more Thunderwolf Cavaly Riders and my Stormwolf.

Still to build:

3x Drop Pods

Venerable Dreadnought with magnets

Iron Priest on Thunderwolf (ordered the techmarine I'm going to use as a base last night)

Cheers,

WW

Been working on the Iron Priest, here's where I'm at so far:

gallery_5348_11506_152018.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_126205.jpg

Replaced the skull on the mechanicus symbol with a wolf skull, shaved from a Power Fist:

gallery_5348_11506_32993.jpg

Think I'll also replace the Thunderwolf's head with the bionic eye version.

I'm annoyed, as I had some guitar string in my modelling toolbox, but it's gone missing. Need some for piping round the waist and from the Thunderhammer to the backpack.

Time for a couple of updates!

Blood Claws are mostly finished, just the basing left to do:

gallery_5348_11506_75170.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_6399.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_78100.jpg

I also broke out the airbrush, to try out some Citadel Air Russ Grey I bought the other week:

gallery_5348_11506_29863.jpg

So, that's 23 power armour bodies based coated in Russ Grey in about 20 mins. Quite pleased with that!

Cheers,
WW

Wow, they look great, did you need to thin the paint at all, or did you apply it straight from the bottle?

Also how much approximately did you use?

Lastly what pressure was the airbrush at?

I got an airbrush for Christmas and hope to use it soon (never had one before), I got the GW air paints but wondered how easy they are to use. Also my compressor auto stops at 3 bar. I hear some folks say to run a compressor at 2 bar or 30psi, which means mine would be constantly running

Wow, they look great, did you need to thin the paint at all, or did you apply it straight from the bottle?

Also how much approximately did you use?

Lastly what pressure was the airbrush at?

I got an airbrush for Christmas and hope to use it soon (never had one before), I got the GW air paints but wondered how easy they are to use. Also my compressor auto stops at 3 bar. I hear some folks say to run a compressor at 2 bar or 30psi, which means mine would be constantly running

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm not at home, so can't answer your airbrush compressor queries. 

The Russ Grey was ok. I'll know tonight when I tidy up some panel lining I've done whether the colour match is right. I didn't use to much, and added a good brushful of water to the airbrush cup. I should of used thinners, but was out. I've only got a cheap airbrush for coverage. The rest will be brushwork.

Time for another update. Progress has slowed a little, due to a heavy week at work, including being out of the country for the day for a meeting. Other than that, the fire still burns for the Sons of Fenris!

One thing I wanted to do was include a BlizzShield Dread in a drop pod. However, I also wanted to magnetise the sucka, as I felt it would be a waste not to. So, after what feels like a thousand magents, and gallons of super glue, I now have this guys:

gallery_5348_11506_176258.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_109345.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_21237.jpg

With the new Wulfen release looming, I wanted to have options for Murderfang, as you know theres gotta be a formation with him and Wulfen.

I've also magnetised the ranged weapon arm, as well as the fist with the Wolf Claw (not shown). The ranged weapons can easily be swapped out, and just push fit into the arm casing.

I need to add smoke launchers, as even though MF doesn't use them, I think they look cool, and will likely use them for the BlizzShield Dread. Also, I still need to magnetise the Storm Bolter and Heavy Flamer.

As always, C&C are welcome.

Cheers,
WW

Archived