++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - December '15 ++

Kor'Vesh

---- December ----

Happy advent! We're all hoping to get a lovely pile of resin gifts in a few days time - so we'd best clear some of the back log before hand. The time to paint and be merry is here.

We all know how this works by now, pledge some models to paint this month, build your armies, and enjoy the opportunity to stick it to the traitors/emperor. Full rules can now be found in the Hall of Victors thread - where anyone involved so far should feel happy to post their full army shots!

As a basic reminder, every model you pledge to paint is worth points. Once you finish the model and show us you earn points for your faction. These are always safe, so there is always an incentive to keep painting! The scores are as follows -

Infantry - 1 point;

Large Infantry (terminators, bikes, rapiers without crew etc.) - 2 points;

Monstrous infantry - 3 points;

Vehicles and Fortifications - 6 points;

Lord of War (including Primarchs)- 10 points;

Warhound Titan – 15 points;

Reaver Titan – 20 points (still hoping to see one oneday!)

So brothers and sisters, for the Emperor or for Horus let's see some pledges!

I, Black_out, of unstable mind and questionable painting ability do so pledge to paint a BaC contemptor dreadnought and 5 terminators and build 10 terror squad marines with CHOOM for the VIIIth Legion Night Lords.

I, Brother BlueBelly, pledge 10 tactical marines and 1 terminator in the name of Nocturne and in the name of Vulkan. 

(hoooo boy. gotta make myself do it now...) 

EDIT 12/6: Adding to my painting pledge, I also pledge to assemble 1 contemptor dread, 5 terminators, 1 praetor, and 20 tactical marines. (guess where they come from guys, guess..) 

I, Aeternas, pledge to paint a grand total of one chaplain, one forge lord, one legion champion, four night raptors, 5 terminators, 5 destroyers, 8 special weapon marines, 9 seekers, a terminator praetor for the VIII Legion. (41 points, I believe. Jump infantry are 1 point?) For Horus, naturally.

Time for a marine month rather than vehicles. May see some war hounds appear if I finish my vow. *if* biggrin.png

Do I need a starting pic?

*added Champion*

I, Leoric, Son of the Gorgon, pledge to paint an Iron Father and a Contemptor Dreadnought this month.

I will slow down in December, as with the holidays it is always a bit tricky to get the time to paint.

Always great to see such a rapid response on the first day Frater's. Thanks for continuing to support this thread. Some serious vows already, especially for the heretics - nice to see team Horus in the game in a big way.

Also - Barabbas, you really know how to build good Death guard!

OK - so as it turns out I'm STILL not moving house, I'd better get in the game...

I, Kor'Vesh, painter of green, do pledge to paint one Predator Executioner and three tactical marines for the XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders, in the month of December. Thus will I finally completely paint my 1000 point list, having got distractede by lots of other shiny things in the meantime!

Sorry I didn't group them all together but here they are; my yet to be night lord-ified contemptor dread, my base coated terminators (basecoat was done during last months challenge) and the unassembled terror squads and volkite chargers!

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/tom-asaurusrex/20151201_165339_zps1rxqqm3v.jpg

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/tom-asaurusrex/20151201_165344_zps8qs12spj.jpg

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/tom-asaurusrex/20151201_165421_zps8ogwj7ec.jpg

I, Father Mehman the Scribe, also known as "Meh", vow to build and paint five Cataphractii Terminators for the Death Guard "Aechops" Company. Also, I shall call upon the Ill-Ordered House to paint one Moritat. Wait, I redact that bit about the "Ill-Ordered House" as I razed it last month mellow.png. I must remember what I've destroyed in the future!

Well, guess I should get to work for the Traitors devil.gif!

Archived