Soric's Workbench - More on the Workbench

Soric

Hobby progress has been a bit haphazard as of late, with going on holiday, general busyness and lack of motivation playing a major hand in things. That said I've been able to at least work on something over the quiet spell.

My Red Marked are getting some reinforcements in the form of more legionnaries, some tacticals and missile launcher support marines.

Red Marked WIP 2nd Wave (2)

They're all at the stage that I dread the most which is the basecoating stage. Once all the base coats for all the individual pieces are done I can then wash and highlight them which I'll be more in a mood to finish.

HH Red Marked Wave 2 PIP

Also in the progress of building some additional Astartes for the Red Marked including Captain Lycane and a random Blood Angel Legionnary.

HH Captain Lycane WIP

HH Blood Angel WIP

I recently went back and added the legion symbols to some of my finished Red Marked as well as a little detail to my Thiel mini.

HH Red Marked Legion Symbols

HH Red Marked Thiel Pad detail

• 3 weeks later...

The long hobby war continues, but there are some victories at least. Been working on a display base for the Red Marked as well as several of their members whom I've been trying to batch paint (but taking my sweet time with) as well as some non 40k projects.

While this fellow is a small break from painting my Ultras, I hope to have him fight alongside the Red Marked and he will be joined someday by others.

HH Red Marked W Blood Angel copy

After convening with the lord of Macragge, Aeonid Thiel with his newly appointed authority as Commander of the "Red Marked" called forth volunteers to join his mission to root out the remnants of Lorgar's Shadow Crusade operating within Ultramar. With several Legions gathered within Imperium Secundus, he would not find himself short of men willing to take up arms in retribution against the Traitors.

HH Blood Angel Mykael (1) copy

HH Blood Angel Mykael (5) copy

HH Blood Angel Mykael (2) copy

HH Blood Angel Mykael (3) copy

Buddy Cops Thiel N Mykael (1) copy

• 3 weeks later...

I realize that I've left this thread to the wayside as my hobby time has been focussed on Heresy Era stuff, however I do have some 40k stuff in the backburner (i.e. Deathwatch and Novas) and I will have it ready to show at some point as I plan get more stuff done in the coming weeks. For now though here is what I've been up to.

As such having at least one playable army has always been one of my goals over the course of my time with the hobby and with the prospect of finally accomplishing such as task, I've been spurred on to finish these chaps.

HH Red Marked - Drenius (1)

HH Red Marked - Drenius (2)

HH Red Marked - Drenius (3)

HH Red Marked - Drenius (4)

Sgt Drenius, leader of one of my planned Veteran Tactical Squad
 The Red Marked have been a been good way for me to experiment with how and what I've been building for the last few months and I'm still finding the results quite pleasing. When I initially started this hobby I remember feeling that I would never paint an Ultramarines force, mainly because my first models were Blood Angels and that the Ultramarines were too perfect in my eyes (it didn't help that GW kept lauding how perfect they were in comparision to other chapters). Changed days now after having read the Graham Mcneil books (despite the recent book having Ventris' sudden character change) ,the Heresy novels and the Imperium Secundus storyline.

HH Red Marked - Trooper (1)

HH Red Marked - Trooper (2)

HH Red Marked - Trooper (3)

Random Veteran Tactical Legionnary

HH Red Marked - Thaddeus (1)

HH Red Marked - Thaddeus (2)

HH Red Marked - Thaddeus (3)

Sgt Thaddeus of the Missile Support Squad

HH Red Marked - Missile Trooper (1)

HH Red Marked - Missile Trooper (3)

HH Red Marked - Missile Trooper (4)

HH Red Marked - Missile Trooper (5)

Support Squad Marine with Missile Launcher

HH Red Marked - Petronius (1)

HH Red Marked - Petronius (2)

HH Red Marked - Petronius (3)

Brother Petronius, his arm is magentized so I can switch him between the Support and Veteran Tactical Squads

HH Red Marked - Petronius Face Detail

Petronius' features are said to be marked with an X over them in the Audio drama

HH Red Marked - Venator (1)

HH Red Marked - Venator (2)

HH Red Marked - Venator (3)

Brother Venator with his recently added Legion Symbol

HH Red Marked - Standard Bearer (1)

HH Red Marked - Standard Bearer (2)

HH Red Marked - Standard Bearer (3)

HH Red Marked - Standard Bearer (4)

HH Red Marked - Standard Bearer (5)

Banner Bearer who will be my count as Vexhilla in Thiel's Squad

Red Marked - 04/07/16

The Red Marked as they currently stand
 My workbench has a lot of other Heresy themed items awaiting paint and assemlby which I'm eager to get on with.

On The Bench - 03/07/16

Whats on the Workbench - 04/07/2016
 Amongst them are special characters such as my kitbashed and FW Praetors, Captain Lycane, a Landspeeder, a few Tactical Legionnaries as well as an Astropath who I'll probably use as an objective ingame.

WIP Drakus Gorrod

Drakus Gorrod undercoated and awaiting his cobalt blue and gold base coats

Archived