simison

Huh, apparently it didn't post. In short, Sangi's right.

Sim, people in Mechanicus OK'd Alex messing with the Skitarii and automata. How does the passage read?

Gotcha.

Sorry I haven't replied yet. I'll get to that soon.

• 2 weeks later...

One minor note here. When I first created Alexandros, it was always my intent to make him one of the more powerful psykers in the Imperium, but make him more balanced by having him limited to only two disciplines. The idea was that he was just beneath Magnus in terms of power and ability. So, when I made him Mastery Level 4, there was some outcry that he should ML 3, like Lorgar. I have said that if Magnus' rules came out, and if Magnus was ML 4, I would drop Alexandros to ML 3. 

Well, Magnus is ML 5. So, I'm not reducing Alex's ML

That's all. 

Sim, I recall you saying that Alex's helm wouldn't go with the hood on the Lorica Praeses. Any idea what you'd like to replace it with? "About the same, minus the crest" just doesn't seem quite right for the Warmaster.

This would probably be strictly for pics, but maybe like a Phoenix Guard with a laurel on the top. Meaning these rather than the Terminators.

Edited by bluntblade

• 4 weeks later...

So, I created my first plot hole. In the original Lost Legion, the Lord Commander of the 2nd is Edrick Yeshie. He leads the attack on Albyon and eventually becomes the most famous case of insanity.

Well, in steps Biz'sark. I'm not sure when, but at some point, I created him to be Lord Commander and is first mentioned in the Battle for Three Flags. This is after Edrick is mentioned as the Legion Master during the Albyon campaign. Then I have Biz'sark duel Rollen of the Blood Wolves before switching back to Yeshie for the insanity thing.

Well, I've fixed the wiki article by just replacing Edrick with Biz'sark entirely. But now I'm tempted to have Biz'sark not dead like Yeshie and have him be the last case Alex cures. Then I'd have Yeshie moved to a different role in the Insurrection. 

What do people think I should do?

Reading back through this thread, you stated that the Order of the Shield is shattered on the Day of Revelation. I'm guessing that's because it loses it's commanders?

And what's the numerical distribution of Wardens across the three orders like? Are they all the same size or...? And what place do Destroyers occupy within the Vth?

By the way, for the Halycon Wardens in the immediate(ish) aftermath of the DoR, I'm writing a Section for Book 2 about the opening phases of Icarion's conquest of the Maelstrom and galactic core. I wrote that, while technically they are the second largest legion, scattered in garrissons across the Imperium as they are "only" 103,490 Wardens show up in the Sol system. Is that number ok with you?

Correct. Pyrrhicles and a majority of the Order's veterans are killed or defect during the Madrigal Purge. Numerically, that's only, at most, 10% of the Order. But that's a very critical component of the Order. Throw in the Insurrection and how excellent defenders become an all-time premium for the Imperium, and the Order never recovers until the Scouring. 

Numerical distribution, do you want actual numbers or just relative to each other?

Destroyers are very much a necessary evil within the Legion. Given how 'dirty' warfare tends to spoil the ground one is trying to conquer, Alex almost outright bans them when fighting against human opponents. Basically, they're limited to situations where the terrain is already spoiled, is xeno enough that it needs to be terraformed anyway, or the Imperium has no intention of holding in the long-term.

To have a full 100k in Sol during a few months after the DoR? Yes, that sounds fine. Mars still needs to be pacified at that point. Afterwards though, the Warmaster would not keep so many Wardens away from the front lines.  

So would the Vth's Destroyers be deployed on Mars?

For the Orders, I was looking for actual numbers.

Oh and how does the Diplomatic Order function in war?

Those 103,490 HW are the final number who answer Alex's recall to the Sol system in the months after the DoR yes. So they'll be deployed against Mars. After that I assumed a small force would remain on Terra but most would head off to the front lines.