simison

Chapters?

It occurs to me that I've been focused on the Primarchs of the Insurrection, when the Space Marines have the Lion's share of characters who make their mark on the Heresy.

So, since I can't edit on my phone, I'm putting thoughts down for the future.

To actually answer your question, we've agreed that we aren't going with the canon, 1,000-man chapter system. Instead, we were aiming for a larger, 10k group system.

Cohort is my placeholder title for chapter. We haven't actually picked a term for it.

German-sounding name for future Tank Cohort. He'll be elsewhere during Siege of Terra, preserving life. Debut during Insurrection famous tank battle?

Other Cohort commander, use the Warden in the Crimson Lion-Raktra piece? If so, emphasis on cunning/self-sufficient.

Funnily enough, a Captain Tannhäuser was involved in the vehicular battle I wrote last month.

Which one's the Lions-Berserkers piece?

Uhm...I would say depends on the legion their sre coming from and of course on the codex (if there is one) but may I suggest to push that back? Of course the heroes shall rise. But the whole chapter/not chapter discussion is for the time when we reach the scouring ( and by the time we reach it, I bet we will have the discussion all over again and forgotten about the things we discuss now;)

Uhm...I would say depends on the legion their sre coming from and of course on the codex (if there is one) but may I suggest to push that back? Of course the heroes shall rise. But the whole chapter/not chapter discussion is for the time when we reach the scouring ( and by the time we reach it, I bet we will have the discussion all over again and forgotten about the things we discuss now;)

As per the usual, the voice of reason speaks.

And pfff since when have we forgotten anything? ;)

Haha. We should make an account and call him "Voice of reason". Open to all of us and every time reason is needed, we should use thst account.

Hmmm, the question is: do we remember everything we ever talked of? I bet you forgot that icarion and alex werd only puppets used by the true mastermind to get rid of humanity, who feeds the chaosgods with their emotions. There is no true peace as long humanity and any sentient beeing is around.^^

German-sounding name for future Tank Cohort. He'll be elsewhere during Siege of Terra, preserving life. Debut during Insurrection famous tank battle?

Other Cohort commander, use the Warden in the Crimson Lion-Raktra piece? If so, emphasis on cunning/self-sufficient.

Funnily enough, a Captain Tannhäuser was involved in the vehicular battle I wrote last month.

Was he a Warden? And that was Achilos. 

Let me elaborate something, I'm not trying to delve what happens post-Terra, but find the seeds to place within the Insurrection. Instead of reaching the Scouring and then trying to come up with notable Wardens to fulfill the Cohort Commander roles, I'm trying to come up with the names now. Then, I'll develop them more organically as we work our way through the Insurrection. Foreshadowing only works if you have enough foreknowledge to make it work.

That and there's not much I can do on a phone when I'm on break from my Wal-Mart job. 

Was he a Warden? And that was Achilos. 

Let me elaborate something, I'm not trying to delve what happens post-Terra, but find the seeds to place within the Insurrection. Instead of reaching the Scouring and then trying to come up with notable Wardens to fulfill the Cohort Commander roles, I'm trying to come up with the names now. Then, I'll develop them more organically as we work our way through the Insurrection. Foreshadowing only works if you have enough foreknowledge to make it work.

That and there's not much I can do on a phone when I'm on break from my Wal-Mart job.

Because of that I wrote, that Heroes shall rise:)

Yep, Captain Tannhäuser of the Halcyon Wardens.

And that all sounds sensible to me

That reminds me of a name for a cannon from some anime. Is that where you got it?

Anyway, I don't think you've killed him off, so I call dibs. He'll be one of the 15. 

• 3 weeks later...

Crusade Army List Appendix: The Halcyon Wardens

Legiones Astartes (Halcyon Wardens)

•Preeminent Defenders: All units with LA:HW equipped with a shield of any kind, gain +1 Initiative when charged. This bonus is lost in subsequent combat sub-phases beyond the first.

•Shields of the Imperium: All units with LA:HW and any Dreadnoughts part of a HW primary detachment confer a +1 cover save to any Loyalist units behind them. The entire unit must be equipped with a shield of some kind to confer this bonus. Dreadnoughts ignore this restriction.

•Bonds of Brotherhood: Any Halcyon Warders Primary Detachment may include generic Legion units that utilize other Legion Unique rules in lieu of the Legiones Astartes (Halcyon Wardens) special rule, limited by the Allies Matrix. Units chosen in such a manner retain their own specific Legion Astartes rules and any Benefits or Detriments that may confer. Up to 2 units may be substituted for Battle Brothers, while only 1 unit is allowed for Fellow Warriors. No units are allowed to substitute for either Distrusted Allies or By Order of X! No independent character, HQ, or unique legion units may be chosen.

The Space Marines of the Emperor's Legions are genetically engineered, psycho-indoctrinated warriors with superhuman abilities and minds and souls tempered for war. In addition each legion has its own idiosyncrasies and character - a product of their gene-seed and unique warrior culture. 

[New legion description]

[Warmaster quote]

Would they be on Terra on the Day of Revelation? I wouldn't mind a chance to place one or two Wardens- especially a psyker, as they haven't had much attention so far- in the Throne Room when all hell breaks loose.

Could Alexandros make it there as well? I figured he'd want to see the Great Work for himself.

Would they be on Terra on the Day of Revelation? I wouldn't mind a chance to place one or two Wardens- especially a psyker, as they haven't had much attention so far- in the Throne Room when all hell breaks loose.

Could Alexandros make it there as well? I figured he'd want to see the Great Work for himself.

Could be. None of the squadmates are psykers, but since Terra essentially becomes the Warden's new base of operations a few years after Alex becomes Warmaster, you could easily find a range of Wardens on Terra. 

Alex himself is on Terra on the Day of Revelation.

Note for future's reference, Akylles will become a cohort commander. In honor of being the first Warden painted.

Yep, Captain Tannhäuser of the Halcyon Wardens.

That reminds me of a name for a cannon from some anime. Is that where you got it?

Just clocked this properly. Nope, it's from Blade Runner. C-beams by the Tannhäuser Gate.

Do you have any legates sussed for the Legion, Sim? I'm planning a piece about the Vth and Ist coming to terms with their changed status, and as Alexandros will be busy getting to grips with the minute of his job, the legates will be charged with guiding the Wardens until he can rejoin them.

Might be cool to have a character who embodies the Indian side of Delos for that role. With a magnificent beard.

Edited by bluntblade

Might be cool to have a character who embodies the Indian side of Delos for that role. With a magnificent beard.

I like this idea, given how the BotL's legions are based off cultures that are seemingly ignored by GW and most DIY builders in favour of MOAR KNIGHTS an Indian character seems like he'd fit right in. :)

Do you have any legates sussed for the Legion, Sim? I'm planning a piece about the Vth and Ist coming to terms with their changed status, and as Alexandros will be busy getting to grips with the minute of his job, the legates will be charged with guiding the Wardens until he can rejoin them.

Sussed? 

Mahtva is my Indian special character, but he doesn't have a high command position because of his penchant for pyromania. And he doesn't have a beard because Gandhi didn't have one.

Let's see: 

Prithviraj Chauhan, 

Prisfirah Sauhan, Legate (personal title: General) renowned for his honorable conduct, both eyes are bionic due to an earlier battle when he was briefly captured and had his eyes pierced with a piece of iron

Two notes: one, it's hard researching for Indian topics and not get Native American ones. Two, apparently the modern Indian army uses English titles for their higher officer ranks. I honestly couldn't find a Hindi word for general.

Sorry, sussed is Brit slang for "done".

I like the sound of that. What would his take on Alex's new role be?

Maybe googling it's easier for Brits. Looking into individual cultures might work out better; in particular the Mughal dynasty.