[HH1.0] Dark Angels Tactics

Frostmourne

Ok someone tell me if I'm wrong, but Javelin speeders can take molecular acid shells on the heavy Bolter and stasis shells on the missile launchers?

That make it a great support unit for either a Ravenwing or Blackwing (normal lol) force.

And that's the point brothers... Look at those happy Blood Angles with their assault cannons... As usuał dark Angel gets coal for christmas.

Can still get poison rounds on attack bikes, jet bikes, Dreads, Heavy support squads etc...

That's quite a lot. Heavy bolters having a chance of just deleting squads is nasty. You'll do 16 wounds with a heavy support squad and master of signals on average. At apD6. Potential for hilarity, and even if you roll High for AP that's 5 or so dead dudes.

Plus IT'S CHEAP points.

Edited by Charlo

I still think that releasing basic Legion rules without any of the characters was a bit of a mistake... Unless you're White Scars lol.

Look at SoH for example, with Mologhurts the twisted and Reavers - you can create a very Legion specific, unique and good list using those exclusive units.

I'm sure BA and DA will get all sorts of force org modifying, rule buffing characters and further unique units that will really bolster what makes the Legions unique... But at the moment there's only the basic units to work with...

Edited by Ishagu

Nope. big, sad, nope.

Is there a point in asking Fw about plasma repeater for terminators?

And who's that Nemean Reaver guy?

Considering they cost the same points as a regular power sword... they're amazing, and at least the DA and WS get a melee weapon that isn't HQ only.

The DA rules seem pretty fun, expert swordsman is awesome, the list of weapons is really good, sure the super sword isn't AP2, but it is very powerful, just designed to fight monsters, not astartes characters. The only issue I see with them is the horrible rule where you give away VP...

I think a Praetor with CombiGrenade-Launcher for stasis and a Terranic greatsword will easily beat out a Paragon blade and just erase any other Praetor in the first round of combat due to striking first and instand death. Add in a power maul wielding command squad member and if by some miracle your opponent is still alive, next round you'll strike again.

Synergistic gameplay guys.

I think a Praetor with CombiGrenade-Launcher for stasis and a Terranic greatsword will easily beat out a Paragon blade and just erase any other Praetor in the first round of combat due to striking first and instand death. Add in a power maul wielding command squad member and if by some miracle your opponent is still alive, next round you'll strike again.

Synergistic gameplay guys.

Tbh I disagree.

Statistical chance of instant deathing another praetor in a challenge is incredibly low.

You hit the other praetor first (unless they get the charge on you of course, in which case you probably didn't hit them with the grenade, or if you did, they could be EC or BA with +1 init for charging, meaning they go first or simultaneously).

You have... 3 (base) + 1 (digital weapons) +1 (will assume a banner granting another attack) +1 (we are being generous and assuming the DA also got the charge) for 5 attacks. (6 if I got base attacks of the praetor wrong)

Hitting on 3s. Meaning 3 or 4 hits.

Which should equate to 3 wounds.

0.5 wounds caused.

The enemy praetor with paragon blade PROBABLY therefore gets to hit back. But of course won't stand much chance of killing the DA either.

The mace on an ally won't mean anything as said ally is not in the challenge - because he's buys fighting whatever ally the enemy praetor brought along. Round 2 looks more even.

I think a BA Praetor with the blade of Perdition would probably just edge out the DA praetor, particularly if the BA can get the charge and be striking first using a blade of Perdition.

50% chance to get Ap1/2/3 is pretty good for its cost. Very much worth it, imo.

If you can get it on Jetbikes though.....

Completely true. I love the aesthetic of the FW HBs but for 45 more points over an acid bolter squad of 5 guys you get:

- 5 mobile jetbikes

- Acid shells too

- T5

- 2+ SV

- Access to melta bombs (but not in cost)

- 3+ to hit in cc with chainswords

- use of a barely used FA slot versus a contested heavy support slot

So yeah. Aesthetics wins totally :P

Edited by depthcharge12

50% chance to get Ap1/2/3 is pretty good for its cost. Very much worth it, imo.

If you can get it on Jetbikes though.....

Completely true. I love the aesthetic of the FW HBs but for 45 more points over an acid bolter squad of 5 guys you get:

- 5 mobile jetbikes

- Acid shells too

- T5

- 2+ SV

- Access to melta bombs (but not in cost)

- 3+ to hit in cc with chainswords

- use of a barely used FA slot versus a contested heavy support slot

So yeah. Aesthetics wins totally :tongue.:

Yeah, that works. And then you can run the jetbikes as compulsory troops under Ravenwing protocols and give them rad grenades for the cost of a single melta bomb per unit. Not that it makes them a super-star cc unit because they still don't get power weapons, but it does make them better at it than they would have been. Best to keep them shooting acid rounds or diving at vehicles to melta bomb.

Outriders are also troops under Ravenwing protocols though so maybe the rad grenades plus power weapons there instead, almost pulling the mean DG Outrider trick but not quite without Move Through Cover.

hmmmm but no infantry on the board and the only vehicles can be flyer or skimmer. That means your only decent source of Graviton would be Dreads in Dreadclaws. x2-3 Contemptor-Cortus in those could be mean.

Edited by LetsYouDown

Infantry can be in Raven Wing. They just need to be in a Dread Claw :smile.:

hmmmm but no infantry on the board

on the board implying at set-up. might not have been clear.

Meanwhile, Ironwing seems like a good rite for spamming a squadron of Las-Vindis. Need numbers of tanks to avoid losing VPs, get BS5 for each tank. Sicarans seem like a cool idea too.

I think if you're gonna spam some drop-Dread Contemptors under Ironwing they might as well be Cortus to save ~40 pts/model, do the same thing really. Same argument as using box-dreads except they don't have to be boxes anymore so win the rule of cool front now too.

The problem with podded dreads in Ironwing is having enough tanks to compensate. To me, it reads that you need as many tank units as you have other units. Squadrons count as one unit. 2 dreads and 2 pods is 4 non-tank units, so how do you plan on getting 4 tank units to compensate with only 3 HS slots? There's no tanks (other than DT) in Elites, Troops, FA, or LOW(Super-heavy vehicles had the Tank rule in Betrayal, but it's gone in LACAL, I assume because of the swap to 7th edition). There's the Damocles tank in the HQ slot, but you also have to have a tank to balance out your Praetor/Delegatus. So one podded dread isn't a problem at all, but you can't field enough tank units to have 2 dreads in 2 pods. Foot-slogging seems to be the easiest way to get them in.

Now, I think my regular opponents wouldn't have a problem granting me "tank" on a Typhon or Glaive, but that doesn't look like RAW to me.

Podded dreads also can't be included in Ravenwing, because all vehicles must be Flyers or Skimmers. Grav Land Speeders are an easy source of grav. I think Grav Cannons are in a little more questionable place rules-wise. In most 40k FW supplements, Rapier units are only "Artillery" type, but in HH books they're always listed as both Artillery for the carriage and infantry for the crew. To me, that means they'd have to start in a flyer (2 per dreadclaw), but others might find that wording more ambiguous, I guess. Another source of grav would be Breachers/Techmarines in some sort of flyer, or a Forgelord on a bike of some type.

Ravenwing Infantry limitation verbatim:

"All Infantry units in the army must begin the game deployed in a Flyer that has sufficient Transport capacity to carry them and enters play via Reserves."

Also, did every one else know that Dreadclaws are Dedicated Transports for Terminator Squads. I guess I'm just blind, but it's right there in the Dreadclaw rules.

All the DA rules are up as a PDF on 4chan.org/tg

I made a "Scars of the Xenocide" list I'll be making later ;)

Here's the general overview before I go into detail:

2000 points - Pride of the Legion

Praetor TDA

4 Command TDA

+DT Dreadclaw

10 vets

+2 swords, ML w/stasis, HB w/acid, sgt/CB/AA, furious charge

10 vets

+" "

3 jetbikes

+ acid shells

Dreadclaw (vets)

Dreadclaw (vets)

5 HS marines

+5 acid HBs

Sicaran

+lascannon sponsons

2 Vindicator destroyers

+las destroyer arrays

Pretty much my love for hammer and anvil armies to pick apart the opposition.

Edited by depthcharge12