[HH1.0] Dark Angels Tactics

Frostmourne

I feel like jetbikes probably aren't the strongest choice for Ironwing. Sure, with molecular acid they are vicious, so they'll probably be good, but they're an anti-infantry unit and the Ironwing special rules already make marksman vets pretty good anti-infantry shooters without taking up one of the non-tank slots.

I would just make sure that your have sufficient anti-armour that adding another anti-infantry squad will not be redundant and that you have enough scoring units (I often find the number of scoring units in my Ironwing lists are low due to focusing on tanks and dreads over boots in rhinos).

One thing I'm not sure about when it comes to jetbikes (especially acid ones)  is that they'll get quite some attention, they'll have to jink, and they'll only fire snapshots.

Am I missing something?

Deep strike them :) They have 36" bolter range so you can place them beyond interception range (assuming augury scanners). They are also the most maneuverable unit you can get. They ignore terrain (and intervening units) so you can put them basically wherever you want. On the other hand when your opponent decides to put some heavy fire in their direction that means that rest of your stuff is relatively safe and free to do what you want. And jink saves lives :)

That's how I use(d to play) them.

Very weird but fun and unique build for DA Vets: Heavy Chainblades.

You hit others easy and drown them in easy to wound attacks too, no more stalemate "hit on 4+ wound on 4+" combats.

Are power swords better, maybe? Will they look as awesome? No way.

Might be #FUN with Machine Killers or Monster Hunters too with the strength boosts and re-rolls etc combined, especially against weaker Rear armour.

Ignore me, Heavy Chainswords are apparently only one per five models :ermm:

Edited by Charlo

• 1 month later...

What are peoples thoughts on plastic land speeders for ravenwing? Javelins are way too expensive and I have some plastic speeders from my 40k list that are sitting around.

Graviton gun speeders look quite devastating to armor.

What are peoples thoughts on plastic land speeders for ravenwing? Javelins are way too expensive and I have some plastic speeders from my 40k list that are sitting around.

Graviton gun speeders look quite devastating to armor.
I second that.

Speeders work just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else thing Dark Angels Wings should be allowed to ally with each other? 

Yes and no.

Due to how the wings work they are, to a fault, specialized. But when not in action each of the members of the wings are often strewn around normal squads, taking thier usual place in the legion.

The wings tend to be mobilised when a situation calls for that single method of warfare.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I don‘t know where to put this question so I decided to put it here as the „What Legion should I choose“ directed ne to this topic.

I play DA in 40k mostly since I love my Terminators and the contrast of black, green and bone (besides of the story) Since pre heresy DA were pure black I never felt like starting them in 30k as I don‘t like the all black color scheme. However, I am not too fond of starting another Legion in 30k.

Two of the stories that I remember why they turned from black to green is due to their internal little heresy and due to the Lion allowing the Caliban DA to wear the color of their home planet. I have no idea around what time this occured.

The question now is, is there any chance to field a dark green Legion DA army in 30k? Of course using the appropriate Mk III or IV armors.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ithorion

They changed colors some unknown time after the destruction of Caliban, so after the Heresy was over. The Deathwing stayed black at the time if I recall correctly, and changed to bone much later.

If you wanted to play a game with me and showed up with a well-crafted, decently-painted, green DA army, I’d happily play ya.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m thinking the new Termite drills from the weekender are perfect for Ironwing. They are tanks, take up underused FA slots, and can deep strike your Infantry close enough to utilize their +1 to wound. Not only does it do that but it inflicts hits on units when it arrives and ignores deep strike mishap (well except for going off the table).

Slap your two mandatory tactical squads in them and potentially take a third with plasma guns or sniper Vets with AHBs. Pop a few characters in there for good measure too (12 marine capacity).

Quick rules question in regards to Ironwing and sniper vets.

So I know they get +1 to wound within 12" which means wounding everything on a 3+. But what about the the AP2 on a roll of a 6? Since the sniper rule doesn't specify "6+", would that mean only wound rolls of 5s would be AP2, and 6s wouldn't because they would technically be 7s?