Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dark Angels Tactics

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,932 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Now that combi-stasis is officially not one use only would you say that they are an auto include for anything that can take them? Even tacticals?

They lost rending from sniper vets so that’s a big negatory. I’d still take at least one on a vet squad since they’ll be charging into cc. For tacticals...we don’t have much bite in cc to warrant using them unless you have spare points lying around.

Slapping one on a praetor with a terranic greatsword is a phenomenal idea as you can nerf your opponent’s stompy squad and try to ID the other praetor before he gets to swing.

Wait, Sniper Vets no longer have rending? Since when?! 

They lost it for Template Weapons specifically such as Flamers; Sniper has never been rending either its always been Ap2 on 6s to wound.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
Since the new rules dropped. They do have rend just not on template wewpons.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,217 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

Since the new rules dropped. They do have rend just not on template wewpons.

Snipers do not have Rending.
To wound rolls of 6 give them AP2; they don't get +d3 against vehicles.
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Erren

Erren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts
  • Faction: I, XVII Legions
I know the answer to this will vary by meta and what you’re bringing, but I wanted to gauge the community anyways: what do you guys find is a good number of units to have and not worry about Covenant of Death? My first iteration Ironwing Protocol list had I think 9 units at 2000 points including rhinos and I felt very vulnerable. My new list has 14 units at 2500 points. I want to take squadrons of tanks to use the RoW’s rules, but that really eats up points.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_04.jpg

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 246 posts
My Ironwing list is also 14 units at 2500 points. That said, I was subject to Covenant of Death in two out of my three games at Adepticon (granted, one happened only due to a single laser destroyer shot that blew up an undamaged Land Raider in cover on turn seven).

Also, don't discount the power of a squad of predators with predator cannons and heavy bolters. Hitting on 2+ they can deal buckets of wounds for a relatively small cost.

Erren

Erren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts
  • Faction: I, XVII Legions
I currently planning a squadron just like that! I used Predator Cannon/Lascannon in my last game, but I can’t find the points for the lascannons this time. Do you still find the squadron command tank upgrade worth it? Here’s my list, btw: http://www.bolterand...nwing-protocol/

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_04.jpg

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,557 posts

I think that the Preds in a squadron to get BS5 and Tank hunter makes them a scourge to anything AV 10/11 as well (and 12 if you want to give up the HB shooting).

If you want to be REALLY cheeky you could add a pintle Multi-Melta or something to each for extra tank-hunting fun.

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 246 posts
I don't think it's worth it for the command tank. You'll usually be sitting at long range shooting infantry rather than vehicles. And against rhinos the tank hunter is overkill. I can only see it being useful if you're planning on shooting the autocannons at a bunch of dreads or the whole tank at a max squad of javelins.

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,518 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Ist Legion
I want to take a squadron of proteii with the triple lascannon configuration but that would be a waste of points because the RoW counts Units and not models towards the tank requirement.
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 246 posts
On the other hand, a squad of three Land Raiders Proteus with triple lascannons would look cool and be BS5.

Edited by Ficinus, 22 April 2018 - 07:18 PM.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,557 posts

Is it a lot of points?

Hell yeah!

But could you put some small scoring squads in them to contest objectives last minute? Yeeeeeesss.

Plus 9 BS5 Tank-Hunting Lascannons with potentially scout would be insane.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users