Mard's SoB Journey

Mard

The pipes are great, you must have quite the army by now?

I have a lot collected and built... not much painted haha.

This slow grow is helping me get back into it though which is good

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

what are those 4 leg walker things on the bottom left in the first picture and center of the second picture?

Penitent Engine proxies. They'll do for now till I work out something better

• 1 month later...

I have a 2nd ed tournament this weekend, so today in the hobby I worked on touching up and painting some more sisters.

Just a few more to go now:2 more Superior's, Multi Melta and a Priest, plus my Inquisitor if she arrives in time

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/BAC%20EVENT/20170219_151007_zps5u2d0hcn.jpg

Heavy Fire support! (Back one needs a dust....and some numbering if I can find some appropriate transfers anywhere)

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/SoB40k/20170218_173607_zpsxvesodcu.jpg

Our club plays a variation on the old 2nd ed rules due to some of the bonkers stuff you could do with it back then:

40k 2nd Ed Classic DBAD

A long time ago in a time far far away, when Games workshop were a force of good in the universe, there was an elegant system for a more civilized age. For over a thousand battles the second edition was the guardian of fun and imagination in the Old days. Before the dark times, before the public listing. 

Ok Guys sorry for the delay but been doing a lot of playtesting for 2nd ed event at the Feb man day. We will run 3/4 games over the day. Army lists/rosters should be sent to me by the 12th of feb. 1500 pts, using army books where printed and codex imperialis lists for those not supported in 2nd ed. 

Run Sheet: 
9am register 
9:30 Game 1
12:00 Lunch
12:45 Game 2
3:00 Game 3
5:15 End

Cost $20
Prizes - Beer - Good times and something from my bits box. 

DON'T BE A DICK! Armies can not have characters with more than 2 wnds. 
Tyranids can take a character with more than 2 wnds BUT they will have a Psy lv 2 max and can only buy 2 powers. 
No biomorphs can be taken on the on the hive tyrant characters. All armies strictly WYSIWYG and please try and have everything painted. 
Max 1 X Psych max level 2. 
Exarchs must represent an Aspect present in the army. 
Dark millennium vehicle building rules will not be used. 
No Vortex or Virus grenades or outbreaks. 
Hidden Lists. Things that are Hidden > Wargear Cards > Vehicle Cards > Transport (troops in vehicles. You don't tell people which vehicle contains the troops. BUT you must at the beginig of the game mark down where they are for review later if asked). Your Troops are all WYSIWYG and it's good form to tell your opponent what type of troops have been deployed etc.   
Maximum of 50 points of wargear/biomorphs/Gifts/vehicle cards in the army. 

DONT BE A DICK! Special considerations for some army setups will be taken on a case by case basis. All armies are to be submitted for DBAD checking. All armies will be given a comp score that will be added to your battle score. Soft armies will have a major point advantage over hard armies. If you don't get it... Well let's put it this way. You take a themed fluffy army you will do well. Maximizing load out options for your army will not. TO can reject armies that he feels are over the top. 

So with this all in mind (And there being no 2 wound sisters character I can take) My army will be lead by a lvl 2 inquisitor

The army is as follows:

1500 Pts  -   Sisters of Battle Army

1 Inquisitor @ 116 Pts
     Power Sword (x1); Boltgun (x1); Rad Grenades; Mastery Level 2
     Auxiliary Grenade Launcher [8]

1 Missionary Hero @ 65 Pts
     Power Sword (x1); Flamer (x1); Laspistol; Carapace Armor
     #Rosarius [0]

1 Adepta Sororitas Immolator @ 155 Pts
     SS Crew
     Ablative Armor [15]

2 SS Crewmen @ [0] Pts
          Bolt Pistol

1 Adepta Sororitas Immolator @ 155 Pts
     SS Crew
     Ablative Armor [15]

2 SS Crewmen @ [0] Pts
          Bolt Pistol

4 Battle Sisters Squad @ 151 Pts
     Sister Superior; Boltgun

1 Sister Superior @ [39] Pts
          Power Sword (x1); Boltgun; Plasma Pistol (x1)

4 Battle Sisters Squad @ 151 Pts
     Sister Superior; Boltgun

4 Seraphim Squad @ 223 Pts
     Jump Pack; Twin Bolt Pistols (x3); Twin Hand Flamers (x1)

1 Veteran Seraphim Superior @ [61] Pts
          Power Sword (x1); Plasma Pistol (x1); Twin Bolt Pistols

4 Battle Sisters Squad @ 225 Pts
     Sister Superior; Boltgun

1 Battle Sister w/Heavy Weapon @ [48] Pts
          Heavy Flamer; Bolt Pistol

1 Battle Sister w/Special Weapon @ [31] Pts
          Meltagun; Bolt Pistol

1 Sister Superior @ [34] Pts
          Power Sword (x1); Boltgun

4 Battle Sisters Squad @ 259 Pts
     Sister Superior; Boltgun

1 Battle Sister w/Heavy Weapon @ [76] Pts
          Multimelta; Bolt Pistol

1 Battle Sister w/Special Weapon @ [32] Pts
          Flamer; Bolt Pistol

Total Army Cost: 1500

Now just hoping the Inquisitor I ordered from Wargame Exclusive arrives in time.

Just have her and a priest to go

Can you remember when this was a full 1500pts???!!

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/SoB40k/20170221_173513_zpsasazqisp.jpg

Ah, 2nd edition inquisition psychic powers. It's all fun and games until you wipe out half of your opponents army with a holocaust.

Hey, at least they toned it down from 1st ed. where if you sacrificed the spirit of the game on the altar of WaaC and munchkined hard enough you could time walk for indefinite consecutive turns.

What inquisitor are you using, the 3rd edition model or an earlier one?

...Now just hoping the Inquisitor I ordered from Wargame Exclusive arrives in time. ...

Heavy Fire support! (Back one needs a dust....and some numbering if I can find some appropriate transfers anywhere)

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t613/John_Hammond/SoB40k/20170218_173607_zpsxvesodcu.jpg

Excellent work on the kitbashed Immolators. Are they based on the Space Marine Razorback, or were they kitbashed from other models?

They aren't kitbashed as far as i can see. They're official ones. The original Immolators used a Rogue Trader Era Rhino with metal turret.

Personally, I prefer these Immolators over the ones with the glass dome.

While they aren't easy to get hold of these days the forgeworld immolator kit fits perfectly onto a deimos rhino and offer a third option if you want an modern rhino with old-school look.

Yep, some of our other Sister's players are correct, we're rocking original SoB Immolators and Rhino.

I just knocked out my priest and Inquisitor last night so I'll get everyone together for some better pics tonight

Archived