ForgeWorld New Releases - 18/12/2015 - Thousand Sons + More

m_r_parker

I'm thinking to achieve that color you'll need to do something similiar to the FW AL:

1.) Prime model

2.) Base Coat rub and buff or other high sheen metallic color (no not Charlie Sheen :P)

3.) Layer multiple thin coats of a dark red "candy" glaze to taste

I'm thinking to achieve that color you'll need to do something similiar to the FW AL:

1.) Prime model

2.) Base Coat rub and buff or other high sheen metallic color (no not Charlie Sheen tongue.png)

I think i m going to try my AL technique but red instead of blue

1.) Prime model

2.) Base Coat rub and buff or other high sheen metallic color (no not Charlie Sheen tongue.png)

I think i m going to try my AL technique but red instead of blue

Use some Oranges and Yellows instead of Greens and Purples too?

Anyone know if the Demios Damocles has a Hersey Armor Correct Interior?

I already own a Mars Pattern one, and have just been switching the tops to Demios Chassies, but if this one actually has a differrent interior I may get one, otherwise theres no point if you already have one.

1k Sons stuff seems decent, not OTT but nice.

Someone pointed out that the TS symbols on the shoulderpads are wonky. On closer inspection... they're right sad.png

i think the IF were that way as well

Pretty much makes me wonder what the sculptor was thinking.

"Eh, close enough is good enough."

My honors physics teacher had a tried and true axiom for that:

"Good enough for government work."

/sarcasm :P

The helmets are pretty cool and the torsos are better than the NL ones so I don't wanna hear any complaints lol. Not a fan of molded shoulder pads in general so my opinion doesn't count on those. All in all I'd say they're a decent option to dress up some of your basic units.

Hmmm. I don't like the upgrade kits. Defintely one of the weaker ones and I saw severa custom 1k Sons who did a better job.

But the painting is definetly great. And the Legion symbol can be easily changed to a full sun. Heheh

Received an email from Forgeworld detailing their Thousand Sons schemes, both metallic and non:

Hail citizen of the emperium!

You have chosen a fine detail to adorn on your battle armour!I must warn you that the following concoction of paint to armour is not for the faint of heart.

I have attached the required scheme you have asked for.

Have courage though and the emperor will reward you for your devotion to the brush.
It would be joyous to see your progress as you work through your ranks.

Thanks again

Metallic Scheme:

It is black undercoat, airbrush with Iron hands FW paint leaving the lower parts of the armour plates black, airbrush upper parts of the armour plates with runefang steel as a highlight. 

Then a few thinned layers of clear red are airbrushed all over, waiting for the previous layer to dry before applying the next (so it would be useful to paint large batches of marines at the same time). 

Shade the recesses with nuln oil and then weather the edges with runefang steel. 

The gold is retributor gold, shaded with seraphim sepia and highlighted with runefang steel. 

The brass is runelord brass, shaded with seraphim sepia. 

The eyes are painted black, single line in the centre with white and then washed with FW clear green paint. 

The white on the bolters and legion icon is celestra grey, ulthuan grey and then white highlights. The hollow tactical arrow is from the Iron Warriors transfer sheet.

Matt Scheme

RED ARMOUR 
base coat: Khorne red.
Shade: Carrobourg Crimson

layering: of Mephiston Red 1:1 Lahmian Medium (this was done with 2 to 3 thin layers.)
Edge highlight : Evil Sunz Scarlet 

GOLD PLATES
Base: Balthasar Gold

Shade : Nun Oil
Layer : Gehenna's Gold followed by Auric Armour Gold
Highlighted by RuneFang Steal.

SLIVER
Base: Leadbelcher
Shade : Nun Oil
Highlight : Runefang Steal 

WHITE
Base : White Scar