Muffins progress blog

lovesmuffins

If you want a bit more control to do finer highlights, lower the psi and move closer in, it will narrow the spray arc and not fire the paint all over the place because of the over pressure.

The only issue I have found is tat I get a bit more clogging so regular cleaning is required. Not sure if his is my fault or just a  part of airbrushing.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322393-etl-v-tips-master-thread/?p=4415842

This is the link to the airbrushing stuff. WGC have some really good tips and buypainted does TWC like Timberwolves I think. he only downside to his tutorials is that he doesn't mention pressures for the airbrush and sometimes he does not use GW colours.

Which paints are you using out of curiosity?

Right now all I have are gw paints that I'm thinning down to get through the air brush. I'm looking at a few other companies. lucky for me I am very good friends with a guy that does commissions and has some close ties with some members of the industry so he usually has some good tips and suggestions

Out of curiosity, how much do you thin them down?

I am using GW air paints, but I have a lot of standard paints. Knowing how much to thin them would be awesome.

I would try the likes of P3 or Vallejo, but not having any stockists nearby at all means I have to order online and unless I order lots, I have to pay postage (which is not worth it if it is only 1-3 pots of paint) I can at least get to a relatively local GW.

It is also good hat you have friends who can guide you along too. Not jealous of that at all :P

Looking forward to seeing some more progress :)

Today I used a 1:3 (1 being the paint) and didn't have any clogging. I mixed them to be just a little thicker than the shades. I have an older Vallejo brown that I tried yesterday straight from the pot. But it's a really old paint (at least 7 years old) and I don't think I quite got it mixed completely before dropping it in (was a little over zealous in wanting to use my brush) I don't have any experience with p3

But I hear it's on the thicker side. I'd try warcolours they are cheap and come in dropper bottles. My buddy uses these religiously now. Those will be the next paints I try

Www.warcolours.com

I absolutely love the fact they do their paints in gradients. Depending on how the greys match to what I GW have I might give it a shot.

Would save a lot of time and hassle mixing

Your friends AoS model is pretty epic on their website.

There are a few others that contribute to the site as well. I think his first AoS purchase was this past weekend with silver tower. Which I think he said was his first gw purchase in 10 years

For the greys I'd definitely at least grab the set and try them out. Worst case scenario they don't match and you use them for something else.

Picked up the new gw silver paint today. I really couldn't resist. Spent too much time at the flgs talking with the owner and missed out on a couple hours of painting (woops).

I have a knight renegade box coming in next week (skipped the warden and just went ahead with 2× the Knights *insert happy face*!!! ) and another dreadnought the week after. Not building anything until my first etl vow is finished. (Which should be done this coming week.)

After that I may have to figure out another small vow that I can quickly finish with Cypher. I don't really want to spend time building so it may be the rest of my wulfen with Cypher.

I may not get to the Knights until the etl is complete so please keep an eye out for them. I already have colors picked out for both.

I will keep an eye out for them, and there s no harm in building tem before your vow is completed, as it can be a good stress relief to have a second project on the go.

or those times when you get fed up of grey or a hobby slump sets in.

Just so long as the vows get completed ;)

Haha, I don't have a ton of hobby time that's why I'm going to put them off until after the vow is done.

One of them my friend claimed as a commission piece(along with the terrain piece). The one I'm painting will end up being in one of the new(er) gold metallics and some reds to really make him knightly. I don't feel like making the "wolf knight" really fits what I want for them.

So while at work tonight, I've been playing with battle scribe and just trying to (from memory) point up my entire great company. With the addition of the two nights next week and a blizzard dread. I'm sitting right around 6100 points. Still slowly approaching the 10k mark.

Models I still want before I go warhound big or start something new:

1.Magnetized weapon options land raider

2.Stormgrrr x2 (one of each type)

3. 3-6 drop pods

4. Sicarin (because it makes this sound: dakkadadakkadakka)

5. Logan

6. Arjac

7. Njal

8. Krom

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/924/oYEJXH.png

Almost done with the pack leader in what it took to watch 1 episode of Grey's Anatomy (what can is say? the nurse of the house got me hooked on it) need to pick out silver bits and shade/highlight the face. Next 2 coming shortly after I run to get nourishment supplies. Shouldn't take more than an hour total to finish the last 2 thunderwolves. The real challenge tonight will be the 5 wulfen but as long as I don't focus on just 1 and assembly line them they should go pretty quick. There's not much to paint other than flesh/fur tones. Their armor will be a breeze and shade/highlight shouldnt take long.

Picked up the last piece to the Cypher puzzle tonight. I looked at picking up the DA upgrade sprue weeks ago but didn't see a hooded head...turns out there is one in there I just by passed it

The conversion for the Wolf Priest is brilliant, and I really admire the pelts on the TWS. Looking good, man!

Which wolf priest? If you're talking about the terminator armor priest, then thank you. I was digging through my bits box one day and it just struck me to use that dreadnought head for a wolf priest and terminator armor was the only way to do it.

The TWS I have since gone back over. It started as an experiment with my air brush to try to see how I could get some blending down. I ended up going back over the brownish white one and built them all up to grey and sprayed a mix of dawnstone and drakenhof nightshade and have since dry brushed praxeti white

Archived