Muffins progress blog

lovesmuffins

The terminator one is great, but the conversion using the B@C mk IV body really jumped out at me. The wolf helmet on that armor is just too cool.

Haha I actually forgot about that one as he is put away in a separate box than the stuff I'm working on now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts as ETL vow draws closer to being

Completed this week(Tuesday hopefully).

Warning: these are random thoughts and get ranty. So fair warning.

Wulfen about 80% complete. Some washes and highlights to do. Then on to the bases.

I'm happy with how they are turning out, but I won't ever paint another set of these guys while fully assembled (at least with shield and hammers anyway). It made some sections very difficult to get to with a brush.

With my second box I want to be able to field 5 of each option so claws and axes will be coming out of my second box (whenever I get through this mound of plastic Crack I already have)

I think everything is coming together nicely and I have a ton of painting time over the next two weeks as the little humans that run around my house are on a vacation. So I'm going to use this time to plan out painting 3 rhinos and 20 grey hunters.

I didn't get to use my air brush as much as I would have liked for these, but there's so much detail in the wulfen and thunder wolves that it's almost impossible to do it assembled. So I learned my lesson there. I'm hoping the air brush makes the grey hunters and rhinos a snap. I think my main desire is to get 1850 painted. And take my time from there. I think that nothaving that is the biggest hurdle for me to get over. Once I hit that I can breathe a little and begin to take some time to make some more elaborate conversions and add things slowly.

• 3 weeks later...

So, we need to talk. And my talks are random.

Recent purchases:

Drop pod

Dreadnought

Ik: Renegade

Rhino

The above kits need assembled along with:

85% of my calth box

Rune priest conversion needing finished

A few odds and ends.

Major problem: Deathwatch is distracting me. But i did figure out what im doing with one of my knights! (...deathwatch....gw why u do this?).

At least i found my smaller scale army to play around with once my 1850 wolves are painted. Really, it is just to break away before putting together the auxiliary choices for my wolves.

My Deathwatch idea is less than 20 miniatures based on the leaked ruleset i saw. There will be some cool back story to these guys. Each will be named for a friend that i played 40k or other games with growing up. They will have a piece of gear/bling representative to the army they played or how their personality is.

Run the Deathwatch alongside the Wolves, that way when you need a break from one, you switch to the other.

Looking forward to seeing what you come away with on the Deathwatch side of things. I would buy it, but still waiting and saving for Russ to appear.

Roll on the Wolf-time!! :D

Run the Deathwatch alongside the Wolves, that way when you need a break from one, you switch to the other.

Looking forward to seeing what you come away with on the Deathwatch side of things. I would buy it, but still waiting and saving for Russ to appear.

Roll on the Wolf-time!! :D

I actually have most of the bits I think I'll be needing for my small deathwatch force. Of course this requires a bit of digging and prying apart of older models. The only thing I will be waiting on is the upgrade sprue for the shoulder pads. There are a few of the minis I will wait for too. (Watch master for instance) If the codex is as the spoilers say, I'll be running 2 kill teams (Aquila and malleus) a watch master, and the flyer, with a knight crusader, and inquisitor allies. Cypher may make an appearance as well just for fun. He is still waiting to get built as I spent entirely too much time putting off painting my first vow for etl.

Started digging through my bits box today. The build itch has started and it is strong. I have laid out what I need to buy in the coming weeks for the Deathwatch. May have to place an order for some bits though.

I am going to be painting up some vehicles this week non-ETL. I'm not sure I will have them done before the 15th. But will be a welcome change from painting marines. I only have 2 full squads of grey hunters, 3 rhinos, and another 5 man wulfen to paint to make 1850(may have to look at the points again and make sure I'm right). So I'm going to be diligent and try to finish 1 group of models a week. Air brushing should make that easier to complete. All in all hoping for a month from now to have an army fully painted and based.

I think that will make me feel a lot better about all this plastic I still have to paint.

Sorry to hear about the separation LM. That sucks.

Hope you are gonna be okay..

Glad you have an outlet though (models).

It was a mutual decision. So far doing okay. I have my mini me for the day today and will be busy until Monday. I should be on a good hobby schedule come next week. My living situation is currently temporary though so my search begins on that as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Got moved in fully and unpacked my minis the last few days. Played with putting together one of my knights, base coated a rhino, made a new army list to try and get back into the game side of things, toying around with deathwatch ideas, figuring out how many more bases I need to finish my company, painting and bases will be started on Monday with the holiday. I don't have as much to paint as I initially thought. 3 squads of grey hunters, 5 wulfen, 2 rhinos, a razorback, and a drop pod. Seems easy enough to get done in a reasonable time. Will post pictures as things come together.

Hm. I'm not sure. It's okay though I've salvaged enough to run my 3 squads of grey hunters. Going to work on the bases this week and start painting them. I worked on my knight base today. I'm waiting on it to cure while I'm at work the hunter bases might take me a day or so to do. So looking like Tuesday or Wednesday to start the hunters

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for lack of updates. Knight is about 50% complete. Painted on some grey hunters this morning using my new vallejo german grey, do a quick dry brush to catch some highlights and do the metallics, flesh tones and fur, do some quick shading and snow up some bases and call them good. The German grey speeds up painting time so much because I can almost entirely skip my "full wash" step (other than the fine details). I will post pictures when I am home. Going to go hard on the hunters and finish the other 2 squads.

After those are finished I have 3 rhinos to paint, a squad of wulfen, 2 servitors to kit bash from a tech marine back pack and some random stuff in my bits box and make a second on foot Wgbl with wolf claws.

I'm still debating on a Stormfang or a second squad of thunder wolf calv. I have no anti air in my list but I'm hoping to hit hard and fast enough to not worry about it so I'm leaning towards the wolves. So might need some suggestions there.

Archived