Muffins progress blog

lovesmuffins

That may be the case, but if someone is killing Long Fangs, then something else is getting to move around without getting killed.

If they get left alone, then they can shoot stuff up.

True. I'll have to assemble my last two. Still might leave me with just enough room for a bare bones twc unit with storm shields

Edit: added long fangs and a razorback (fast attack choice)

That German grey looks great.

Is it darker than standard mech grey? Depending where I get the new GW  game from, I might get free postage and therefore pop my Vallejo cherry with a few of their paints. 

Wonder if they do it for airbrushes. hmmm...

Dantay_xv just some simple airbrush thinner and it went through with no issues on my El cheapo airbrush. It was a lot easier on the brush than gw paint was. It's a tinge darker than eshin grey but using it as a base then dry brushing mech grey over was a lot simpler and faster than doing what I was doing by bashing in eshin doing a full wash and then going over it with each grey.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/80px600q90/923/6xyHb9.jpg

So I took an idea from a conversion I saw on another site and did a thing today. Wolf guard battle leader with Runic armor, frost axe, storm shield, and the wulfen stone.

Also: bran redmaw?

Very cool. I did something similar and posted it on FB a few weeks ago, so it might have been mine you saw.

The slaughterpriest just cries out to be a wulfen!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/80px600q90/923/6xyHb9.jpg

So I took an idea from a conversion I saw on another site and did a thing today. Wolf guard battle leader with Runic armor, frost axe, storm shield, and the wulfen stone.

Also: bran redmaw?

Very cool. I did something similar and posted it on FB a few weeks ago, so it might have been mine you saw.

The slaughterpriest just cries out to be a wulfen!

It may have been. I know it was on facebook.

• 9 months later...

Just a note this will be updated with pictures soon.

I just bought dark imperium the other day have yet to cut in to that sweet sweet plastic but will have plenty of time soon.

8th edition updates:

I will be working on a total of 3 armies for 8th edition:

Space wolves, my custom chapter, and stripping and completely redoing my chaos marines.

I still have a bit of work to do on my wolves but my first delve in to 8th will be my custom chapter. I will not have the amount of models in that army that my wolves do, but will include both my knights and any Primaris marines I pick up. I have assembled 2 tactical squads so far and converted my contemptor dread over to the new chapter (still trying to figure out a good name though. The Color scheme is purple armor teal trim. Any ideas on names is helpful...)

Anyway, after that I'm working quickly on the chaos marine shenanigans. I have dark vengeance and dark imperium stuff to assemble for chaos so might as well, right? Plus I have a few painting techniques I have been dying to try on the pox walkers.

The wolves ait about 60% finished (due to much moving and what not over the last year I have left most of my stuff in boxes) but new job and new place means time to bust out the brush and get moving on all of this backlog!

• 1 year later...

After almost 18 months I have made a return to these forums and back to painting. I did manage a couple games of 8th and 2 games of kill team in that time. Glad to be back with the hobby again it's been relaxing being able to grab paint and brushes and go to town. I will say most of my recent painting has been of Blood Angels and Harlequins but once the Angels are finished I plan on bringing the wolves out of hibernation.

Quick question before update photos are posted in the next few days....is there a better image hosting site than photobucket? It is a tedious effort to upload these pictures from my phone on to that site and then to here on these forums.

See, a few years ago I would always get an error that the file size was too large... unless that has been changed? Then, woohoo! Will work on updates later today

You need to reduce the file size. I don't know if you can do that on your phone.

I do all my batrep and model picture stuff on my laptop.

First I do a quick transfer from phone to laptop (my phone is already charging using the cable so not a big deal)

Second I use the default photo app on windows (Microsoft Office Picture Manager) to crop and resize all photos

Third I organize everything in folders then upload to B&C

There is 1 tricky thing about B&C I need to warn you about. You can't upload the preview screen. You have to click on the image and it changes to full screen and the URL ends with JPG or whatever format you used.

Here...compare these 2 images.

If you fail and accidentally copy image 1 you will get an INVISIBLE bug posted in your thread (I have done it a few times on accident)

med_gallery_49686_13920_76108.jpg

Image 1 (above) is how you choose the image SIZE. I usually go with medium. You can right click on your gallery to choose the image size.

Once you have the size you LEFT CLICK ON THE IMAGE ITSELF

That will take you to my screen shot below

med_gallery_49686_13920_111663.jpg

This is the URL you copy and paste into the forum post using the image insert icon shortcut

All of that sounds tedious but is actually VERY easy.

I only have 1 complaint about it. I can't upload more than 1 image at a time. That is what I hate the most

Actually there is a better way to post your photos that are already at the B&C

You click on "My media button" while you are writing your post*

Select Gallery Images

Select the image you want with a click and something like this appears: sharedmedia=gallery:images:243270

Stormy shoulderpad

Then everyone can click the image to see it bigger without having big photos on the post

Edit: My media button appear when you are writing a post, I forgot to mention it

Archived