Cadmus Tyro Xth and XXth blog: Terror Squad

Cadmus Tyro

Those are some really well placed decals, brother. ;)

Thanks Olis, it's my favourite part of the alpha legion process!

Those are some really well placed decals, brother. ;)

I concur! They are very well placed and do not look cluttered.

^Thirded

Weathering on the gun shield is on point.

Thanks guys, what do you think of the end result?

Beautiful looking Typhon! Cool writing about the Alpha pattern tank as well! Did you ever finish off that leviathan from a few months ago? Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks bud, the Levi is next on the work bench just needs base detailing and weathering.

I've been a bit distracted making my vigilator/Omegon...... ;)

Edited by Cadmus Tyro

Evening all,

I was hoping a few of you would give me some overall feedback on my blog. I really enjoy posting images of my work but I'm keen to hear how my blog is perceived. Could I invite some honest feedback about how and what I post here at the B&C?

I often wonder whether I should be posting lower resolution images? Or should I be hiding them behind spoilers to protect your data usage?

Do I present too many minor WIP shots? Would you prefer to see work at a more completed stage? I have to confess, I'm a bit of a hobby butterfly so my projects tend to slowly evolve over time!

Or are you guys just happy to browse through my work? Should I just carry on as I am?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cadmus

Wow looking forward to seeing all the mortars painted up even if it means seeing the leviathan later!

As for feedback to your questions:

I do the bulk of my browsing on computer so phone browsing is just to scope out threads to check out later in their full glory on a bigger screen. As for spoilers, personally I tend to keep one main image and then put the other angles under a spoiler.

I don't mind all the WIP shots cause it's interesting to see how the model comes together. Although I have to admit that I'm more interested in the WIP pics of infantry units than other models like vehicles. 

I think you should carry on as you are because ultimately I believe work logs are there for the OP. It's nice to ask for feedback from the community but I think you should just post the content that you want. Your work is great, I'm sure everyone else is happy to just browse.

Beautiful XX the colour on that armour is just fantastic. Great use of the decals. That siege tank though is what made this log for me. Can't wait to see what else you come up with. Keep it up.

Thanks for the feedback, I think the typhon is the biggest thing in my alpha legion force at the moment, although I'm really tempted by that new thunderhawk ;)

Cadmus, it looks great on the mobile app...and the AL colour is lovely!

Cheers glad you like the scheme, and thanks for the feedback about the mobile version!

Wow looking forward to seeing all the mortars painted up even if it means seeing the leviathan later!

As for feedback to your questions:

I do the bulk of my browsing on computer so phone browsing is just to scope out threads to check out later in their full glory on a bigger screen. As for spoilers, personally I tend to keep one main image and then put the other angles under a spoiler.

I don't mind all the WIP shots cause it's interesting to see how the model comes together. Although I have to admit that I'm more interested in the WIP pics of infantry units than other models like vehicles.

I think you should carry on as you are because ultimately I believe work logs are there for the OP. It's nice to ask for feedback from the community but I think you should just post the content that you want. Your work is great, I'm sure everyone else is happy to just browse.

Cheers mate, thanks for answering the questions I had, I might try and use a few more spoilers for the alternative angles and detail shot. I think you're right, I'll just keep sharing in the way I have, at some point you might even see a completed leviathan!

So you guys want to see Mor? Well he's not quite done yet but here you go.....

Iron Father Autek Mor:

gallery_87021_11487_491714.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_131554.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_320192.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_136209.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_496043.jpg

The iron Xth need some love, and I needed something to do between airbrush stages!

Cadmus

The servo-arm-equipped Terminator (an Iron Father?) looks most promising.

Cheers, might be a little while until he sees some paint though. He is supposed to be Iron Father Autek Mor, one of the iron hands special characters from massacre, he has a great back story if you find time to google him.

Phenomenal work! Autek Mor looks awesome, really liking the chains you've added to the model! Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers mate, I've been accumulating pieces to build him for the last 18 months, since I bought my copy of betrayal. The final bit of the puzzle was the immortal head which arrived last week I only needed one for the ten man squad....

Wow, big fan of Mor! How tricky was it finagling all that chain into place?

The chains were hard work, slightly more frustrating than using GW airbrush paints...Worth the effort for the final look though, I think they make him look suitably brutal and more Xth legion.

Well this has been a delight to read through. Great stuff.

Glad you enjoyed reading through , thanks for the encouragement!

Autek Mor is looking promising. Haven't been a massive fan of that captain kit. You have put that to good use though. Great conversion I'm sure those chains must of been all sorts of fun to work on. Keep it up.

Cheers, yeah I agree about the captain kit, the problem is everyone has one, and that chainfist? I think the left arm took the most work, ended up having to use the power sword arm from the cataphract box. I think the GW plastic character sculpts have improved so much but they are hard to work with sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...