Cadmus Tyro Xth and XXth blog: Terror Squad

Cadmus Tyro

@dosjetka - cheers! I use a few applications of Microset followed by lahmian medium, both steps help to blend the decal to the surface.

For the weathering I'm planning to apply some silver streaks over the armour followed by a light burnt umber oil wash, well that's the plan anyway! I'll use some weathering powders over the legs too.

@betrayer41 - praise from Caesar! That's the great thing about B&C, your alphas were my original inspiration.

@robzilla - thanks, I work a lot slower than betrayer41 though! The trims were simple, lead belcher base, nuln oil/lahmian medium (1:1) wash, dry brush/edge highlight with lead belcher, for more definition (ie on detailed parts) I apply another lighter silver highlight.

Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated.

The marine legs were cut using a hobby knife, I used a saw on the contemptor. With the marines I find you only have to cut part of the way through the joint, you can the just snap the leg off without any damage to the armour plate.

I'm building the seeker team currently, taking ages to drill holes for magnets! I'll post some pics tonight if I get them done,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Long time no update! I've been working on my iron hands, specifically my ETL commitment. I seem to flit between the Xth and the XXth so I've decided to make this a joint WIP blog. I'll post some more pics of the stuff I'm working on in the next few weeks. Recently added a few more tactical marines from squad beta, the sergeant being equiped with artificer armour:

gallery_87021_11487_363555.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_390180.jpg

Edited by Cadmus Tyro

@ lost soul 18 - cheers, yeah nipple armour, maybe it would look better if they were removed? It's a risk though!

@ knight of raven - thanks for the input, yeah I'm not 100% sold on the breast plate, but wanted to see how it turns out in the alpha legion colour scheme. The anvil bits are great, thanks for the previous recommendation!

@noctus cornix - well I can't seem to work out how to change the title of the blog, so perhaps I should claim all the iron hands stuff is actually alpha legion. Would be fitting! Cheers for the input.

I'm slowly building up my alpha legion infantry between painting iron hands with the view to batch painting in the near future. I'll put up a few pics of my ETL when done and the camouflaged contemptor.

gallery_87021_11487_347411.jpg

Lugale Artanis stood in the shadow of the Spartan pattern landraider, languishing immobile on its service ramp. It's freshly painted ceramite glistened under the strip lumen lit interior of the armoury. The air was close, filled with the smell of fresh oil and lacquer.

The restoration of Ferracor was complete. Having taken heavy damage in the months leading up to the atrocity at Istvaan, the behemoth had been resigned to months of service and repair in the depths of the strike cruiser Iron Resolve. As a result it was not deployed during the action, Lugale was thankful for this mercy.

The tanks intended occupants had not been so fortunate. Deployed as part of Ferrus' vanguard at Istvaan V, the 4th terminator squad of the Vurgaan clan company had personally witnessed the death of their Primarch. Lugale was the squads sole survivor, tasked by his sergeant to tell the story of their fathers death and thus save the iron hands from further weakness. Lugale had not spoken since his deployment to Istvaan V.

The landraider's hull was painted with strips of bronze, as a mark of honour for carrying the primarch into battle in a now forgotten campaign. The squad had adorned their armour and their transport vehicle, a reminder of the glory and achievements when clan Vurgaan was in ascendance. Lugale only saw failure.

Drawing his combat knife, Lugale started to etch away the perfectly finished bronzed paintwork. Immortals had no use for memories of past glory, only an uncertain hope of redemption earned through blood.....

gallery_87021_11487_475085.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_479809.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_958482.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_1564875.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_602758.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_722903.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_395500.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_39012.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_153235.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_439874.jpg

Managed to get my hands of a praetor tribune recently. With the new rules for tartaros terminator armour i wanted someone to lead my ten man tartaros squad. There are a few things that I didn't like about the sculpt, but I love a challenge!

I present my new iron hands praetor (ignore the blue tac under the right arm!):

gallery_87021_11487_484440.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_124410.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_541339.jpg

C&C welcome!

Cadmus