Cadmus Tyro Xth and XXth blog: Terror Squad

Cadmus Tyro

These specific sights of Anvil Industry's fit perfectly the little peg on top of the (resin) tigrus bolters, but I'd suggest mixing and matching these with those, and maybe those as well, to add a little individuality to the bolters. Sprinkle in the different magazines available for bonus variety.

I find chains on each marine only slightly less unsubtle, overkill and trying too hard as WOLF EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME!!!1!. But they're your models, not mine.

Thanks!

Working on a concept for the seeker team to differentiate them from the tactical marines. I don't like the look of the horizontal crest, so I adapted it. I'm thinking of using all heads with the bionic eye and adding the crest as below, with some trailing strands at the nape of the neck (using greenstuff) to extend the crest slightly.

gallery_87021_11487_68183.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_9776.jpg

Any thoughts? Does it work for a seeker team?

• 2 months later...

Long time no post! Real life gets in the way and I'm also working on some urban terrain. Enough excuses!

I've been trying my hand at a test scheme, on a few spare (mis-cast) tartaros torsos. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the outcome! I'm aiming for a more worn metallic scheme:

gallery_87021_11487_271090.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_610108.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_497359.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_494977.jpg

Sorry for the image dump, you'll have to imagine the details for now!

So, started airbrushing my first squad, got the base colour done on the terminators, they need detailing and weathering. The colour looks far to clean at the moment! As promised some WIP pics:

1) black primer

2) cover with vallejo chainmail silver (game air)

3) highlight from top of model with vallejo plate silver (game air)

gallery_87021_11487_736702.jpg

4) coat with mix of Tamiya clear blue/green (ratio 9:1), 1:1 ratio with thinner.

5) Tamiya clear green from top of the model (thin layer), 1:1 ratio with thinner.

6) Tamiya clear blue from the bottom of the model (thin layer), 1:1 ratio with thinner.

gallery_87021_11487_665162.jpg

7) wash model with guilliman blue glaze. (Think this went on a little heavy!)

gallery_87021_11487_290784.jpg

C&Cs welcome, I'll post the next stages when I get chance to do some more work on them! Hoping the decal sheet will arrive soon! Need them before the weathering and oil washes.

Thanks for the comments!

Had a test game with the current list (see page 1), the cataphractti performed admirably killing two castellax and a vindicator before finally succumbing to auto-cannon fire. The tactical marines were a little underwhelming, demolisher cannon fodder....(especially in dense urban terrain). The list also lacked ranged firepower and struggled to address a legion heavy support squad.

I've rearranged the list to include some more interesting units:

Autilon Skorr 125pts

Tactical Squad x16 marines, nuncio vox, power sword 230pts

Tactical Squad x10 marines, additional combat weapons, power glove 185pts

Tactical support squad x8, volkite calivers 185pts

Terminator Squad x5, cataphractti armour, x4 power gloves, chainfist, x5 combi weapons 240pts

Contemptor cortus dreadnought, plasma blaster, kheres assault cannon 175pts

Legion seeker team x4 combi weapons, rhino APC 250pts

Whirlwind Scorpius 115pts

Total:1500pts