Cadmus Tyro Xth and XXth blog: Terror Squad

Cadmus Tyro

Evening guys,

I've finally finished my recon squad! Its been a interesting/slightly frustrating but also rewarding journey, as I've been experimenting with a new scheme. I'm happy with the results, but it took a few stages to get there:

gallery_87021_11487_526276.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_390506.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_535651.jpg

I like how different lighting effects the tone of the armor, if you're interested here's a couple of shots under lower lighting:

gallery_87021_11487_55691.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_418788.jpg

A few detail close ups:

gallery_87021_11487_171332.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_117994.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_17638.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_90933.jpg

Hope you like them!

Cadmus

I absolutely love them in low light!

Cheers bud, I can't even remember how many stages it took to achieve the look!!!

Wow, amazing job on getting the color so dark that it almost looks black. Very stealthy and loaded with great bits!

Thanks man, picked up some new colours/technical products for my Flesh tearers, bring on heavy weathering and OSL effects!

Hi all,

I want to introduce you to my next heresy project (if I don't get too side tracked with updating my flesh tearers). I've always wanted a Typhon heavy siege tank, I remember the first images of the world eater typhon released by forgeworld at the start of heresy journey. Time went on, I bought a primarch and he needed a ride, so I shelled out for a spartan instead and painted up for the iron Xth.

However, I have a spare Spartan chassis lying around which I was intending to turn into an awesome piece of terrain:

gallery_87021_11487_665111.jpg

It felt like a waste though, so I've decide to turn it into a typhon! There's a lot of work to be done, I need to remould a number of track sections and build up the front of the tank. I'll probably need to scratch build the siege shield. I picked up this sprue recently:

gallery_87021_11487_5393.jpeg

I intend to use the armour plates to build up the front of the tank, I will use the stormsword main gun as the dreadhammer siege cannon. Having received the sprue it is a fair bit smaller than the original dreadhammer cannon, but I think it will look ok?? Game wise, the stormsword cannon has very similar rules, so I may make up a piece of fluff to justify it in game.

This is going to take some effort! Wish me luck.

Cadmus

Morning all,

Managed to get the first set of tracks done, I've tried to keep as much of the original resin as possible. The cast segments are far from perfect but I don't think they will stand out when the tank is painted and weathered. It was much easier working with individual track sections:

gallery_87021_11487_454000.jpg

gallery_87021_11487_1256470.jpg

What do you think?

Cadmus

Hi all,

So with the tracks finished I've re-built the hull, minus the assault ramp! (That was a pain to remove!). I've fitted the siege gun and I'm starting to rebuild the front of the hull, the picture below gives you a sense of the weapons scale:

gallery_87021_11487_293076.jpg

What do you think? Is the gun looking the right scale? Still needs so mch work!

Cadmus

Went through the whole log finallly and must say I'm lovin' it!

Love the color you have, especially on the recon marines. I may be copying stuff from ya...

Also, the spartan turned typhus is sweet!

Thanks. You've made a good start with your alphas already, I'm looking forward to more progress posts! Feel free to steal what you like!

Cadmus