Heresy Era Companies

Xenocide Enthusiast

I'm about to start work on a Heresy Era White Scars force, and I want the flexibility to work on an unnamed Company (create my own, that is). Of course, I don't want to overlap with any canon.

Trouble is, I'm not sure what Companies *have* been named, officially. I am reading Scars at the moment, and that seems to have one or two, but I was wondering if any of you wise folks could enlighten me on the facts.

What I did with my night lords was look at the fluff

Approx 100+ companies

Mine was about 108 or so company and then I can do it however I want

As a new company I can use either older armour or new mk4 or mk5 if I was feeing froggy enough

This also allows me use of any vehicle as by that time I should have access to large amounts of new vehicles and terminator armour.

My elites would be terrans or first gen Nostramian legionnaires. With access to either terminator armour either from when they first received them in their other companies or newer models for being a new company

This would also allow me to use jet bikes as my fast attack or regular bikes as times are tough for the new marines that have to prove themselves

The White Scars don't use numerical designations for their brotherhoods (chapters). They use titles like "Brotherhood of the Storm" and "Brotherhood of the Moon". Which to my knowledge are the two main ones named in the books. There are probably one or two more named in "Scars". So stick to natural names like; "of the wind" or "of the mountain", etc and you should be good.

while they may not have used numbered chapters after awhile they still would have to make the administartion happy...then used their own name for their stuff

Brotherhood of the Awesome Sauce...

Brotherhood of the Wild Stalions...*name that movie*

Brotherhood of the no dont stab me again man

According to Scars and Brotherhood of the Storm, Brotherhoods are effectively Companies, just of varying size. Their Khans are basically Captains. Each Brotherhood is part of a Horde, the Legion's Chapter-level (or at least Chapter-like) organization. These Hordes are led by Noyan-Khans. Hordes are similarly named to the Brotherhoods, examples being the Horde of the Stone and Horde of the Earth.

And slight nitpick to Capitano's point on Legion sizes, but the average Legion size so far is just over 130,000, with 13 of the 18 given a size range. I don't really know where on the spectrum the Fifth sit, but it is noteworthy that many Legions aren't given a simple number. Typically, because that information would be nearly impossible for the narrator to determine, such as with the Word Bearers and Alpha Legion, and to a lesser degree the Night Lords, World Eaters and Sons of Horus. I'd say the Scars fit in that group as well, because their whole attitude of speed and haste, of pushing the boundaries of the Imperium and operating just outside its fringes, would make keeping track a nightmare. Which was kind of the whole point of sending that proto-Administratum woman to them in the first place.

So I'd expect their numbers to be given a broad range, at least 30-40k's worth.

Edit: 130k being the average size is held up by the World Eaters, estimated as having about 150k, being listed as "higher-mid" in comparison to the other Legions.

Archived