Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Painting Ultramarine tutorial - glazing, blending,

blending painting weathering helmet shoulderpads OSL TMM metallic painting buddha

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Scherdy

Scherdy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts

Best set of tutorials I've seen out there.  The Painting Buddha guys provide this for free on youtube where DVD of tutorials of only part of what these guys provide and not as nicely produced are $30-50 USD.

Share and Enjoy these with anyone wanting to improve their painting game.

Ultramarine Painting Tutorial Playlist - Armor, glazing, weathering, helmet, Object Source Lighting, True Metallic Metals, blending...they do a great job of teaching all of these things and more videos are being released.

https://www.youtube....cZ17SyXvVFL4fYC

Please consider checking out their patreon site as well to keep them producing this type of tutorial!

Painting Buddha Patreon

Urza

Urza

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 892 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands (Heresy-Era)

I actually prefer the tutorial that Mat Kane has put up for free on his Blog:

http://m-k-painting-...ting-guide.html

This recipe is a refinement of the one he used when he was working at Forgeworld.

• Burias-Drak'shal and Imren like this

"Make war and move on, and again, and again, until nothing breathes which stands against us. All else is sophistry and pretty lies"

- Ferrus Manus, The Gorgon, Lord & Primarch of the Xth Legion Iron Hands.

"Give me my hand, Gorgonson. Make me whole so that one day soon I might close my fists around the throat of Horus Lupercal and choke him until his filthy light goes out"

- Shadrak Meduson, Warleader of Clan Sorrgul.

Urza's Anvilarium - My Heresy-Era 'Iron Hands' Xth Legion Blog.
ANVILARIUM_SIG_zps86233990.png

CplHicks

CplHicks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves

Quite an informative guide with a superb outcome.  Far beyond my skills asa painter.  Is that w wet palette he uses?

Kennyjapan

Kennyjapan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIII Legio - CLXVIII Company

WOW. the painting Buddha tutorial I had seen before and always thought was amazing... but the Mat Kane tutorial... In my mind this is literally exactly what Ultra's should look like, absolutely sublime paintwork. 

• Urza likes this

sml_gallery_69091_12729_2979.gif19.jpg

The Emperor protects!!!.. But a loaded Bolter never hurt either

CLXVIII Company, XVI Chapter, XIII Legion "Ultramarines"

http://www.bolterand...-168th-company/

Executioners, Knights of Blood and Disciples of Caliban

DistroyA

DistroyA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts
@CplHicks: Yeah, that's a wet pallete. As for painting ability, I'm sure you'll be able to pull that off. :-)

Death Dealer 101

Death Dealer 101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emperor's Lions
Don't suppose anyone has a copy of the Mat Kane tutorial with pictures as the blog is no longer active?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blending, painting, weathering, helmet, shoulderpads, OSL, TMM, metallic, painting buddha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users