Showcase: HQ

icedearth_09

"Brothers, once more an oath to us stands broken. The Alpha Legion has abandoned us once again. Now we shall show that we do not renege on our vows. The dead of Stranivar and Mezoa both call for vengeance, and we shall grant it to them."
Consul-Praevian N

Honsou, warsmith of my Iron Warrior Warband is complete.

Done a good but quick paint job on this, cheated on lots of parts but spent the time focusing on things I don't normally do like the faces, i'm usually a base and glaze on faces.

This one i based glazed layer and blended 2 highlights up to a bright palid face and also painted eyes which is the first time i'm done it for any marine.

Honsou1

Vosla Dreadeye, the Lurking Shadow, Huscarl to Harald Deathwolf

VnQECHb.jpg

CLVfKgI.jpg

bd6gSls.jpg

Love that shade of grey. Also, where’s the skull helm from? Looks really cool, kudos.

New HQ for my custom warband. Had to change the head cause I always prefer helmets

1037677-Black%20Legion%2C%20Chaos%2C%20C

Love this guy so much, way better with the helm.

Both of you consider these ideas shamelessly stolen if I ever pick up either army.

Kudos to everyone though great stuff all around, these two just jumped out st me as being something I’d happily try, and probably fail to achieve to the high standards of the originals, to recreate.

1037677-Black%20Legion%2C%20Chaos%2C%20C

Excellent work. Is that the Eye of Horus centered on the Chaos stars he bears, i.e., this Chaos sorcerer serves the Black Legion?

Yes he most definitely is although it is a custom Black Legion warband called the Sin Eaters

(Goes looking for WIP thread)

I know the Lord of Contagion cannot be legally played in a Black Legion list, but I love the model and I love just coming up with my own lore for my stuff. Plus rule of cool is more important to me as i collect more than play.

With that, I present thee Toxicus, Lord of the Harvesters of Sins, the Nurgle worshiping faction within the Sin Eaters, and Paroxys, the Plaguewind

1037678_sm-Black%20Legion%2C%20Bringers%

1037681_sm-Black%20Legion%2C%20Bringers%

They turned out excellent!! I really like the 2nd guy with the green (fire?). And the maggots down on the base is a really nice touch!

Thanks! I kinda view the green stuff like plague fumes or airborne virus streaming out but i can see it being viewed as fire hahah

I totally see fumes now, great idea though!

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted them here before, but since I've neatened up the freehanding, improved the bases and done a little bit of other detailing here and there. More shots in my WIP thread and Instagram, both linked in my signature.

s9s5p3B.jpg

Uf1buj7.jpg

UtCUo2j.jpg

cxh6k7Q.jpg

cuWFw5Y.jpg

ir9SSqx.jpg

5HyjYbL.jpg

7awf6Oy.jpg