Showcase: HQ

icedearth_09

@ Dr_Ruminahui

Nice! Loving the speakers.

@ Quixus

Santa (Logan) is there he's just not on his sled. Bulveye is the 13th Company Wolf Lord. There is artwork for him and I've got a half finished model of him somewhere. So no doubt he will be getting some more attention sooner or later.

always fantastic to see your Wolf Lords again, Krakendoomcool. Love that Erik Morkai, the best.

any plans to update your Engrir Krakendoom with the recent lore? Wrath of Magnus says he "fought blade to talon with a flame-skinned sea hydra, cutting one bolder sized head after another with his power spear Longshaft, before delivering the deathblow with his bladed stormshield."

@ Wispy

Cheers Battle Brother. He might be my favourite too. Jon Sullivan (the artist that did the cover of deathwolf) saw him and said (and I quote) "nice one :thumbsup: " which was great.

That is news to me (i still need to read Wrath of Magnus). They sound like brilliantly appropriate weapons for him. In an earlier attempt at him I had him on a bike with a spear would you believe. The thunder hammer pose is one of the most effective ones I've done and I think I would lose a bit of that if I swapped a spear in. Although I could magnetise the end I suppose.

They are steadily getting out of date. Two are dead/missing, one has been inside a Tzeentch giant and been horribly scarred and one is maybe going to become a Primaris...

I guess mine are set in a time when they all existed as is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Love the Sons of Horus models, but why does the Praetor have green armor and Black Legion symbols on his cloak?

because i am too poor to buy FW decals and had Chaos space marine ones avalible.
You can easily claim he's a Heresy-era Marine; or from a Chaos warband that still honors its Primarch and bears its Heresy-era colors, rejecting the Despoiler's leadership and his disdain for their gene-father.

Love the Sons of Horus models, but why does the Praetor have green armor and Black Legion symbols on his cloak?

because i am too poor to buy FW decals and had Chaos space marine ones avalible.

I'm not so sure about the Black Legion symbol, but I do know by late Heresy the SoH and the other Traitor Legions started decorating their armour with the Chaos star, so the eye of Horus in the center of a chaos star isn't that much of a stretch.

Thought I might throw up some of my HQ's a painted a while ago, more on the way :happy.: (Apologies for the pic quality, first time taking photos and I don't really have any good lighting setup.)

First is my version of Silas Alberec, Captain of the Exorcists Third Company:

gallery_53162_16264_369781.jpg

gallery_53162_16264_305684.jpg

gallery_53162_16264_464885.jpg

And a couple from my Black Legion, a Master of Executions and a Daemon Prince:

gallery_53162_16262_545718.jpg

gallery_53162_16262_733104.jpg