http://i.imgur.com/GuYG0oX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PdR5KwM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wCwQzTf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZUaAfnJ.jpg

There WIP and backstory can be found here

• 2 weeks later...

Colonel Cross, renegade commander of the 7734th Traitoris Militarum

QPWEKj3l.jpg

I don't know if you intended this or not, but with those eyes, there's more than just a tad of Jack Nicholson in him.

Which is totally appropriate. :)

Finally got to build and paint some of Tempestus Scions that will be backing up my Marines (who also need to be redone) and of course dived in head first with their leader, Captain Ace Davion of the Danger Rangers.

Gikv2Xvl.jpg

Edited by Brother Lame

He's not an HQ unit for any army I'd field, but I have finished (excepting maybe some transfers in the future) Steloc Aethon, "the White Spider", Captain of the 19th Company, XIII Legion Ultramarines:

36425492823_4c37ed9fa9.jpg 37067997672_d46a939f98.jpg

The aged leather cloak is an experimental extension of the way I used washes on the armour of my Iron Hands. The base colour is Tallarn Sand, much of it except for the deeper recesses is Ushabti Bone, then the highlight is Screaming Skull. I then washed the whole thing with Agrax Earthshade: once all over, once again for the bottom two-thirds, once again for the bottom third, and then I think all over a further three times until a) I was happy with the colour and b) the too-straight lines I used when dividing it into thirds became hard enough to see that I was satisfied. You can still see them on the left side if you know what to look for (and realise that "thirds" is an overstatement).

Edited by mhacdebhandia

Steloc Aethon, "the White Spider", Captain of the 19th Company, XIII Legion Ultramarines:

36425492823_4c37ed9fa9.jpg

Excellent work, mhacdebhandia. May I ask how he got the nickname "White Spider"? Did he scale a fortress wall to infiltrate its gatehouse and open the gate for his battle-brothers, in a crucial siege?

Ordo Malleus =][= in black TDA. I was very glad to pick up this model in the last Made To Order batch as I had it when I was a kid and did a horrendous paint job on it. I hope I did better this time :D

med_gallery_63428_13751_551940.jpgmed_gallery_63428_13751_254711.jpgmed_gallery_63428_13751_169657.jpgmed_gallery_63428_13751_658897.jpg

And the red one, ordering his minions into battle. This one had to be painted red as the mini is so similar to Jaq Draco on the original cover of the novel Inquisitor. As I did with the black one, I added some GS ribbing between the arms and body so I could pose the arms pointed outwards a bit. It helped this one's pose in particular.

med_gallery_63428_13751_252876.jpgmed_gallery_63428_13751_354477.jpg

med_gallery_63428_13751_427193.jpgmed_gallery_63428_13751_83490.jpg

I've got a TON of HQs, but here's the most recent one I had done - Chaos Lord on a Steed of Slaanesh. This was at the end of 7th, so the flamer was the Burning Brand of Skalathrax.

Chaos-Lord-Steed-of-Slaanesh-2.jpg

Chaos-Lord-Steed-of-Slaanesh-4.jpg

Chaos-Lord-Steed-of-Slaanesh-5.jpg

Chaos-Lord-Steed-of-Slaanesh-7.jpg

Chaos-Lord-Steed-of-Slaanesh-8.jpg

I do have some more shots on my blog, I just didn't want to overload this.