Showcase: HQ

icedearth_09

XujGv7K.jpg

Vadhan of the Emperor's Spears, the False Scorpion.

Love the mini and a great fit for a certain character from ADB's Spears of the Emperor.

That cloak looks amazing! Could we get a back shot? How’d you manage to get that texture?

Thanks. Back pic added. Wanted texture, lots and lots of fine lines in darker and lighter shades. Thin paint, pointy brush, more dark lines in folds.

Thanks. Back pic added. Wanted texture, lots and lots of fine lines in darker and lighter shades. Thin paint, pointy brush, more dark lines in folds.

I’ve not been a huge fan of that model so far, but your painting really has made him significantly more tempting! Thanks for the additional pic, btw!

Ordo Malleus =][= in black TDA. I was very glad to pick up this model in the last Made To Order batch as I had it when I was a kid and did a horrendous paint job on it. I hope I did better this time :D

med_gallery_63428_13751_551940.jpgmed_gallery_63428_13751_254711.jpgmed_gallery_63428_13751_169657.jpgmed_gallery_63428_13751_658897.jpg

And the red one, ordering his minions into battle. This one had to be painted red as the mini is so similar to Jaq Draco on the original cover of the novel Inquisitor. As I did with the black one, I added some GS ribbing between the arms and body so I could pose the arms pointed outwards a bit. It helped this one's pose in particular.

med_gallery_63428_13751_252876.jpgmed_gallery_63428_13751_354477.jpg

med_gallery_63428_13751_427193.jpgmed_gallery_63428_13751_83490.jpg

One day Ill get myself another 'Jaq' sculpt, one of my fave minis ever made that is. I botched both of the TDA Inquisitors as a kid, love to have another crack at them.

Ehi!, I can show you my custom Swarmlord!

Swarmlord

Swarmlord3

Swarmlord2

Swarmlord ETL2WIP

He got a rocky base now, but I do not have pictures of him  with it. Was my Everchosen entry (in Open category as one of the swords ad the main body are from the old metal one...yes, he is heavy!)

Edit, found a picture of him with the base... not the best pic but gives the idea

Everchosen Swarmlord

Edited by Filkarion