Legio XI: The Devoured - 2016/10/25 Getting back in!

ckpmax1108

HA!! Guess what, I am indeed a thread o mancer! *muhahaha*

Welcome back, lad!

Glad to see this project alive again.

Would recommend the Special Projects board, as this is the playground for new legions.

BotL is very specific and normally just for members. But don't hesitat to have a look and comment!!

We're happy about every new voice to hear.

And yeah, you might like my Predators. ;)

Hmmm... of course an interesting idea but... Wouldn´t the Emperor be super disgusted if he saw what became of his son and kill him once he realized what he became?

I honestly don´t think that he would have allowed him to simply form a legion, so to me he wouldn´t be able to get to the Lost Legion status.

More like the 21st Primarch, who´s been killed out of shame...

I mean, I´m nnot sure about this, since tyranids weren´t a thing, when the Emperor was still alive. Maybe the Emperor wasn´t as xenophobic as the Imperium of today is, as long as his symbiont-affected son proved loyal and useful.

But maybe he would have thought this transformed son was somehow a work of Chaos? Many questions...

~ - ~

Other than that does your legion have some kind of Hive Mind which allows greater control over the legionairies? Or a greater bond within the legion?

Some kind of enhanced senses?

How exactly are their arms bioengineered? Do they have bone swords and tyranid claws? Do they even use bolters and all that?

The whole thing reminds me quite of Venom or Carnage from Spiderman. Or the Brood from the Dark Age Miniatures game.

Greetings,

Velype

Hmmm... of course an interesting idea but... Wouldn´t the Emperor be super disgusted if he saw what became of his son and kill him once he realized what he became?

I honestly don´t think that he would have allowed him to simply form a legion, so to me he wouldn´t be able to get to the Lost Legion status.

More like the 21st Primarch, who´s been killed out of shame...

I mean, I´m nnot sure about this, since tyranids weren´t a thing, when the Emperor was still alive. Maybe the Emperor wasn´t as xenophobic as the Imperium of today is, as long as his symbiont-affected son proved loyal and useful.

But maybe he would have thought this transformed son was somehow a work of Chaos? Many questions...

~ - ~

Other than that does your legion have some kind of Hive Mind which allows greater control over the legionairies? Or a greater bond within the legion?

Some kind of enhanced senses?

How exactly are their arms bioengineered? Do they have bone swords and tyranid claws? Do they even use bolters and all that?

The whole thing reminds me quite of Venom or Carnage from Spiderman. Or the Brood from the Dark Age Miniatures game.

Greetings,

Velype

That's the thing, it leaves more to the imagination as to what great length has Cain tried to hide the existence of the parasite inside him.

It beckons at the strength of the parasite's self preservation system, as it knows how much greater of a force the Emperor is.

I'm coming from the side of Tyranids not being a thing that was just discovered, but more of a minute existence in the larger galaxy. Not many know of this aggressively evolving Xenos species, and that it had its roots at some point to have it grow into what it is today.

I'm not rewriting fluff here, more of stretching the possibilities of empty history and how censure and erasure could result in human ignorance, and how mankind of the 41st millennia could view Xenos as just that, "Xenos".

Regarding the latter part of your inquiry:

Yes they do still use the typical arms of their brothers. They hide their slight mutations inside their armour (fuelled by their sense of secrecy as their Primarch), and their "abnormality" is shown quiet subtlety and gradual.

In terms of a Hive mind...tough to say at the moment, as I don't want to reveal too much as how this works. All I can say is there is, and there isn't... Guaranteed, there is some form of synapse system in play.

Thank you for your views Veylpe!

Also, light updates. Drawings are a bit lose at the moment, and I can't quiet get to where I want it to be. But a general direction did reinforce most of my design choices now.

Jungle Warfare + Thai influences. The mask thing was a good jumping off point, but it made me realise I need not make every aspect of Cain's design ornate. Something simple with Fabrics as accent pieces.

Also this design of their mark, should form a good backbone on how the design should go:

30615531541_2aabb0b744_z.jpg

and this image...kinda:

a3cdda014d20fe2704b91d16b148b9a0.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived