=][= The B&C's Boxing Day Bash =][=

Grotsmasha

Hi Sapphon. Check with grotsmasha but i am pretty sure that you grt 24 hours to complete the vow from when you make it.

As long as the vow starys on boxing day.

I started it awhile ago..... just had yet to post :D

I, Carlson793, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base Magister Sevrin Loth* for the honour of the Index Astartes within the 24hrs time limit.

*With a slight modification to account for my second-hand model not having Loth's original backpack.

med_gallery_80588_10579_303610.jpg

I Prot, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a Venerable Dreadnought for the honour of the Ultramarines within the

24hrs time limit.

med_gallery_2760_10216_64910.jpg

Here we go.. I meant to do the one on the left, tried to dis-assemble it, and snapped it at the mid joint. So I'm just doing a boxed version I had laying around. This will go towards my Strike Force Ultra which I would love to field over the next few days. :)

Well it took all damn day, with the help of birthday lunches and power outages, but I can finally sit down with my brushes for the last hour or two before bed. tongue.png

Thank god for the 24 hour time limit. I mean, it'll still be tight, but with people pledging freakin' dreads I don't have much excuse, no matter how persnickety I am about my work mellow.png

I, Firepower, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base the greatest Emperor's Champion of all time* for the honour of myself, and vicariously the Black Templar subforum, within the 24hrs time limit.

gallery_38474_6916_24111.jpg

*As described by anyone with good taste.

Awe man, I am a freaking sucker for this kind of stuff. The US doesn't have a Boxing day though, is that okay? It's currently 11:23PM the 26th though which I think still qualifies right, just less then an hour left my time to submit a starting pic? If not oh well no worries, but I'm going to throw down till someone tells me otherwise.

I, AndrewChristlieb, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base one Honor Guard for the honor of the Black Templar subforum within the 24hrs time limit.

Sorry for the crappy picture, my phone is dead and I haven't seen my camera in years... So trying to do this with the one on my laptop! :P I've been wanting to do this guy for a while, what seems like a great idea in my head anyway and a single model challenge is a great time to get it done, we'll see how it turns out! Bits primarily from the Devastator and Sternguard sprue, with maybe a bit of Templar sprue bits thrown in for good measure.

1932438_1180830361946942_543218689590172

Awe man, I am a freaking sucker for this kind of stuff. The US doesn't have a Boxing day though, is that okay? It's currently 11:23PM the 26th though which I think still qualifies right, just less then an hour left my time to submit a starting pic? If not oh well no worries, but I'm going to throw down till someone tells me otherwise.

I, AndrewChristlieb, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base one Honor Guard for the honor of the Black Templar subforum within the 24hrs time limit.

Sorry for the crappy picture, my phone is dead and I haven't seen my camera in years... So trying to do this with the one on my laptop! tongue.png I've been wanting to do this guy for a while, what seems like a great idea in my head anyway and a single model challenge is a great time to get it done, we'll see how it turns out! Bits primarily from the Devastator and Sternguard sprue, with maybe a bit of Templar sprue bits thrown in for good measure.

1932438_1180830361946942_543218689590172

Welcome to the Party :tu:

I tried doin some freehand on the banner but I kept messing up (wobbly hand syndrome). Unsure where my transfers are so I'll leave the banner blank for the time being... So erm, yeah I'm done then. 

10407590_733565883441523_723240102552667

+++Time: 23 hours. 53 minutes+++
+++Time to post completion!+++

I present... Alastor, Lord of the Reborn, Master of the Battlebarge Seraphoi!

gallery_84024_10520_67889.jpg

For the glory of the IX, The Angel and The Emperor! (And the Age of Darkness forum)

(Also... had to use my phone camera for this....)

//Nevindar

+++Time: 23 hours. 53 minutes+++

+++Time to post completion!+++

I present... Alastor, Lord of the Reborn, Master of the Battlebarge Seraphoi!

gallery_84024_10520_67889.jpg

For the glory of the IX, The Angel and The Emperor! (And the Age of Darkness forum)

(Also... had to use my phone camera for this....)

//Nevindar

....That chaplain is painted very well, the model too is one of my favorites.

~Sapphon

Wow Nevindar, that is very well done.

Do you mind me asking the technique? Have you used metallics and then washes, or is it a black built up to white and then washes?

Either way it looks great.

{Completion Placeholder: I got to work with photos of my model, but when I checked them on disk, they were either too dark to show anything (no flash, dreary rainy day) or too washed out (same rainy day, but with a flash)}

sml_gallery_80588_10579_85479.jpg

Okay, the 'official' completion pics. Not terribly pleased with the final result, but then considering how long it normally takes me to achieve the same results, I'm happy. Of course, my Forgeworld bane continues - seems I can't work with an FW model without snapping off any melee weapons at the least glue-able place.

med_gallery_80588_10579_249609.jpgmed_gallery_80588_10579_243199.jpg

Awe man, I am a freaking sucker for this kind of stuff. The US doesn't have a Boxing day though, is that okay?

no boxing day? so when do the servants get their gifts?

i'm out of likes today (again... how many do we get?) but congrats to everyone who took part. seems to be less participants that the initial response indicated.

unfortunately i was subjected to massed nurglings (nieces and nephews) and khorne bezerkers (crazy inlaws), but perhaps next year...

DONE!

Never again.

The bad news is I kept negotiating with myself to get it done. The good news is I skipped stuff I never would have skipped and probably can't even tell the difference if I would have done those steps.... still glad to have this guy done. This is definitely a record for me.

gallery_2760_10216_123270.jpg

gallery_2760_10216_34895.jpg

gallery_2760_10216_44032.jpg

GrandmasterSapphon: Thanks! It was a joy to paint this miniature for sure. Impressed with the plastics to be honest.

dantay_xv: I would be honoured to. It's metallics and washes. Might have just done a short write-up on what I did on my blog. Gilding wax (rub'n'buff) and washes.... smile.png

//Nevindar

(edit, link in signature)

Done smile.png

A couple of things are skipped or not done. I didn't do the rivets or sharp highlights on the black, both of which are due to an incredibly shaky hand day. I originally thought the airbrushed black shading would be sufficient as it was for my Grimaldus, but there's just too much open space on the black to get away with that. Later, then.

Also, no cross on the shoulder. I ordered some cross stencils recently, and I'd rather wait til they get here, rather than risk mucking things up with freehand.

And the sword...well, the whole reason I haven't stripped and painted this guy over already is chiefly that sword. Still not sure what to do, is all. The lore has it as a solid, rather featureless black, which as you can see doesn't exactly pop. I might give it a gloss varnish to see how that works.

But all that aside, I feel it's more than sufficient to be a final entry, and a damn lot of work for a single day. My persnickety standards will just have to wait a little while for a truly, completely won't-touch-it-again-ever completion smile.png

gallery_38474_6916_66813.jpggallery_38474_6916_19307.jpggallery_38474_6916_10487.jpggallery_38474_6916_9301.jpg

Oh, my first time playing with Vallejo reds, too. After working with them a bit, I've concluded that I'm most likely never touching GW reds again :D

Done smile.png

A couple of things are skipped or not done. I didn't do the rivets or sharp highlights on the black, both of which are due to an incredibly shaky hand day. I originally thought the airbrushed black shading would be sufficient as it was for my Grimaldus, but there's just too much open space on the black to get away with that. Later, then.

Also, no cross on the shoulder. I ordered some cross stencils recently, and I'd rather wait til they get here, rather than risk mucking things up with freehand.

And the sword...well, the whole reason I haven't stripped and painted this guy over already is chiefly that sword. Still not sure what to do, is all. The lore has it as a solid, rather featureless black, which as you can see doesn't exactly pop. I might give it a gloss varnish to see how that works.

But all that aside, I feel it's more than sufficient to be a final entry, and a damn lot of work for a single day. My persnickety standards will just have to wait a little while for a truly, completely won't-touch-it-again-ever completion smile.png

Very nice thus far! The Dark Angel's Heavenfall blades are also supposed to be a similar featureless black if I remember correctly so I would see maybe how some people have painted them :D

~Sapphon

Tick tock Andrew. You're working on an Honor Guard, and that's all the more reason not to dishonor the Chapter.

The Paddleum is waiting along with the rest of us...

Better break it out Firepower :/. I have shamed myself and my chapter. Penitence shall have to be assigned.

Unfortunately my little tile job this morning turned into a major headache that I just got home from so with that sucking up about 15 hours today I just don't have the time to complete. I did get my assebly done and a primer/ base coat. When I get a free moment I'll finish the paint and base and post up the results. In the meantime the assembled model:

10269106_1181383761891602_32075688801340

Archived