Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NA-Wide Escalation League and Campaign

Vassal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,347 posts
  • Faction: Children of The Violet Heart

I live in a hobby dry-county and need inspiration to get my Renegades off the spreadsheet, so I came up with the idea of using Vassal to run an odd combination of an Escalation League, campaign and ETL, all in one.

Basically, you build and paint miniatures as per ETL rules. Those miniatures are then 'eligible' to be used in an Escalation League ("EL") that is also a campaign and which is conducted via Vassal. The EL battles (500 points, 1k points, 1.5k points and 2k points) have cumulative effects and will culminate in a huge battle between all participants.

I'd aim for a February 1st, 'kick-off' on the ETL part, March 1st for the EL part, so you'll have February to build and paint 500pts of your chosen force. I'd also aim for a single game each per month, so you'll have a month to build and paint each 500pt 'chunk' of your force.

Being run through the B and C it will necessarily have to be Imperial v. Chaos. Four players each side would be good.  

Any interest?

"I have of late - but wherefore I know not - lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilential congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust? man delights not me: no, nor woman neither. Nor woman neither."

Posted Image

Warsmith Uveron

Warsmith Uveron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,025 posts

Where are you based? 

The Following are links to the collections of threads about my many collections  Uverons Black Crusade , Uverons Imperials, Uverons ORKS!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vassal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users