Festive Spawn Competition Round 2

Teetengee

http://i.imgur.com/CaCXGow.jpg

Party Spawn wants to invite you to join in the annual festive spawn competition.

The Instructions are simple:
1. Pledge your joining the competition at any point during the competition.
2. Finish a chaos spawn model.

3. Post completion pictures, include fluff if you like!

4. Come back after the competition has ended to vote on the your favorites!

Rules are simple:
-Pledge and complete before the end of February (that means anyone posting after 00:00 on March 1 UTC-12 will not be elligible).
-If you post more than one spawn, declare which one you want to be subjected to voting.

-Come back in the first week of March to vote for your favorite that someone else made. (March 1 UTC-12 up until right before March 8 UTC-12).

Should you win, you'll get a gift, likely just useless internet points. A different but identially described thing shall also happen to both completions and participants. (I'll see if I can get a banner, but you might just get spawndom)

Last Year's Competition under SlaveToDarkness

GOOD LUCK FOLKS!

Participants
Aasfresser

Carrack

Castigator

Kierdale

SlaveToDarkness

Stormborn

Teetengee

Uveron

Warsmith Aznable

I've been meaning to build and paint a Slaaneshi Spawn just in case one of my champions ever wins a challenge (because I'm pretty sure if it ever happens, I'll roll up the spawn result msn-wink.gif ). This will give me the perfect reason to crack on with it......I'm in!

Spawn # 1. Work in Progress

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/Carrack1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8yu7jal7.jpeg

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/Carrack1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscdud5hda.jpeg

Any tips on how to make the spawn's own right shoulder look more realistic, it's my first shoulder I haven't been able to hide with enormous pauldrons?

Spawn # 1. Work in Progress

-snip-

Any tips on how to make the spawn's own right shoulder look more realistic, it's my first shoulder I haven't been able to hide with enormous pauldrons?

Hide it with an enormous pauldron? I mean, many spawn come from marines, after all.

Welcome everyone.

It may just be the after effect of too much cold medicine this Christmas but I'll give it a go.

I, Stormborn pledge a spawn for the glory of Nurgle before the end of February.

I don't have a spawn kit at the moment, is a kit bash ok? 

I have something to make/paint up as a Tzeentch spawn actually. Not Slaanesh as you might have expected...but then again I might get another box of ghouls at GW this weekend and get started on that Giant Spawn idea too...

Here's my entry.

I found this thing in the park last weekend. Some kind of seed capsule thingy. Painfully spiky and I can only assume the tree's seeds were held in the `mouths`. It was freaky looking when it was simply unpainted brown and as soon as I saw it I knew it had to become a spawn of Tzeentch.

I wish I'd picked up more! biggrin.png

Undercoated black
med_gallery_63428_9407_10497.jpg

Started painting

med_gallery_63428_9407_145670.jpg

And done...

med_gallery_63428_9407_94634.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_272077.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_326739.jpg

And for scale...

med_gallery_63428_9407_333413.jpg

I did pick up a pack of ghouls so I might get started on a Giant Spawn too...

EDIT: oh, and the spawn has 38 mouths, unless I miscounted. :D

Archived