Festive Spawn Competition Round 2

Teetengee

Spawn 1

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/Carrack1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspb8gdyxe.jpeg

I may be a little outclassed here, well more like a lot out classed, but I think I learned quite a bit with this model. First this was the first time I have painted something that is not predominately black armor, so that was new. Secondly, I went a little further mixing colors then I have done in the past, and am pleased with how that worked, much easier than I thought. Lastly, my main goal of trying to highlight was also not quite as difficult as I expected, at least for my standards. I feel better about taking on my stack of models now, and the spawn kit, while not as original as the spawn I've seen so far, does have some useful looking bits, and maybe these guys will be my answer to grav.

Spawn 2 is done, but is darker so I'll have to wait to get some daylight to get a picture for him.

Btw, it's the seed pod from Liquidambar styraciflua, also known as a "sweetgum tree".

Ooh! Thanks for the info. :tu:

If I find any more (we're not likely to go back to the same park for a while) I'll get some more.

Nice work, Carrack. Might I suggest a different shade on the horns and nails? Brown, perhaps, just to change the colour of those areas a little more.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished constructing a fourth Slaanesh spawn...

I call it `The Kiss`

Hidden Content
med_gallery_63428_9407_346386.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_220453.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_151788.jpg

The nodule above the mouth will be painted up as a single, bloodshot eyeball.

med_gallery_63428_9407_75040.jpg

Likely I'll add some metal spikes driven into the Greenstuff flesh between the upper two torsos and the lower one.

• 2 weeks later...

"To strive for glory with every iota of one's being, only to be transformed into a mindless, fleshy beast. Truly the gods have a dark sense of humour."

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/Castigator/20160205_121629.jpg

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/Castigator/20160205_121653.jpg

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/Castigator/20160205_121807.jpg

Hated the look of my spawn so was going to restart it, then GW dropped their lastest space wolf fluff and models, followed by the return of an unwanted guest which has sapped a lot of my desire to do anything hobby related, so I'm dropping out.

Hah, that is some bizarre mix of adorable, disturbing, and even slightly comical. Perfect!

Here's my entry.

I found this thing in the park last weekend. Some kind of seed capsule thingy. Painfully spiky and I can only assume the tree's seeds were held in the `mouths`. It was freaky looking when it was simply unpainted brown and as soon as I saw it I knew it had to become a spawn of Tzeentch.

I wish I'd picked up more! biggrin.png

Oooh, this is the kind of thing I always thought about as a kid picking up various seed pods and leaves and whatever other tree parts happened to fall off. Amazing how a humble plant is so well suited for representing a god of Chaos.

The other Spawn in this thread are all really cool, too!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I started a new job this week, so I have been super busy (also I have failed to produce a spawn as of right now.).
Since I haven't been on top of things as much, I am going to hold voting starting on the 8th, and will accept any spawn entries until then. Good Luck all!

THE COMPETITION IS COMPLETE
Aasfresser
Castigator
Kierdale
Carrack

have all completed spawn in the deadline. The rest of us have FAILED THE GODS!

however, I would like everyone to vote for whichever spawn they like the most that they did not make themselves (and those with multiple Spawn, please let everyone know which ones you are submitting).

Too few! Too few! :(

I hope we see more next year.

I'll submit 'The Kiss' as my entry for voting.

And my own vote goes for Castigator's.

Both Aasfresser's and Carrack's are excellent and very original, but I simply can't look at Castigator's for too long. And that, to me, is the mark of a good spawn.

Archived