Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Mordian march to glory

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

spafe

spafe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 738 posts

If you are considering valhallan regiment for them, I'd definetly leave them in white and red... but then, I also really like the white scheme. At most I'd go the space wolf grey colour on them.

I think the highlights really make the mordian pop, although could be a slower project for sure.

• duz_ likes this

IG_14A_Banner.jpgIG_14A_Badge.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_03A_Custos_Fidei.jpggallery_29004_6198_5619.png

gallery_30308_9518_5514.png

our_baz

our_baz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 871 posts
  • Chapter Name: 55th Company Salamanders
People actually think your running white scars? Oh dear.
The extra highlighting helps the troopers pop. It's more work but they do look good. But don't change the armour, the white and red is great it's so unique for a guard army.
  • duz_ likes this

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 518 posts

If you paint them grey people will be asking where your Thunderwolves are...

I say play up to it! Keep them white and model a load of Rough Riders riding bikes.

• duz_ and Guardsman Bob like this

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,447 posts
Thanks all for the nice words! You know how to make a jnr commissar feel loved! :D

Hrmm so sounds like the mob had spoken! Keep the white and red... except I did want to try something else (hobby ADHD I guess?). So the only reasonable way forward would be to start collecting a new armoured company so I try out a new colour scheme! :D ;)

I might redo my chimeras in said paint scheme. There is one which isn't at the same level as the other two and its been bugging me for a while so seems like the likely candidate for a dettol bath...

As for the Mordians. I think Ill set myself a target of 3-5 minis a weekend (when possible) to up their painting level. I need to figure out how to varnish stuff now too.

I also bought some astrogranite yesterday to start my re-basing project. Fortunately I should have enough spare ones I can just base them switch the models over to the new ones and bathe the old ones.
So much hobby C&M to do!

Edited by duz_, 11 October 2017 - 11:54 AM.

• WarriorFish, walter h and RangerRob24 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users