A Mordian march to glory

duz_

So I think I'm all but done on the Baneblade!
Its very green... but that was the intent

(All I have left to do is a couple of transfers and then seal it, turns out its fairly easy to chip / scratch airbrush work?)

gallery_87434_11578_139374.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_293412.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_95042.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_155788.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_73102.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_282678.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_11551.jpg

I guess I will have to start mine at some point! :D :ermm:

Got my Mk3/4 plasma guns in which meant I could finally finish building my plasma vets! :D

gallery_87434_11578_54150.jpg

Next up painting them!

I will do a review on the VM stuff in another thread. I have mixed feelings on it.

I also have acquired a few other pieces recently that I need to take some pics of too. :) ;)

Officially finished work for the year Wednesday. Got some good hobby progress in yesterday including base coating ly vets. Also had to do some C&M to my airbrush, I'm starting to wonder if mine was new or 2nd/refurbished ... :(

Now for Duz_'s rumour mill (hopefully less obscure than GWs. ;) )

gallery_87434_11578_100627.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_179849.jpg

Ps. I had ordered these before CA dropped. Still wont stop me from building painting and playing them. :D

Finished my first VM test model!

I would like the hat to me olive drab compared to the trousers but I'm limited by GW colours I believe. A double agrax wash seems to get it close to where I want it. I need to check what I should be using DWF green too, Loren forest doesnt seem right.

Anyhow happy with how it turned out! 19 more to go! ;)

gallery_87434_11578_220230.jpg

I can't believe I didn't see that.It is really apparent. I think you either need to file that down, or go all in and stain it to make hard core scarring,like a wound improperly closed possibly cauterized.:thumbsup:

Edited by walter h

Geez you guys are brutal! :(

See my VM review on fiddly frustrating models. ;) Haha!

That sprue line faces down so you'd never see it 90% of the time.

The trousers I used the camo wash on I really liked the colour it produced. I just wanted a contrast between the hat and the trousers. The green of the hat is hard to match ( https://goo.gl/images/4Eppsd )

Excellent conversion with the Mordian pilot! I think you'll be impressed with sentinels, they've served as excellent forward harassing units for me. I've also found that if they survive the first turn (not an easy task since they're out there on the tip of the spear) they can do some hilarious things running around in the opponent's deployment zone.

Edited by Tallarn Commander

So a week off and most of it dedicated to chilling and hobby I only got 4/10 of the vet squad done... :(

I did however get 3 colours on the remaining trooper so they look ok on the table.

They're taking about 2.5hrs a model. So from here on out I might ditch the batch painting and finish them 1 by 1 when I get time during the week.

At least I got the important guys done! :D

gallery_87434_11578_372276.jpg

So yesterday was my first day back at work since xmas, bleg! :ermm:

However I had a nice little surprise show up at my desk... :D

gallery_87434_11578_269887.jpg

What could they be??

gallery_87434_11578_133890.jpg

Our very own Inso's ratling sculpts! :D

I had sold my old metal ones a few months back. The only reason I decided to give them up was because I figured I could replace them with Inso's!

I am not disappointed and can't wait to paint them up (/adds to ever growing paint queue)

They actually arrived before new year but my office was closed. If you've been pondering about getting some I would certainly recommend these! They look about the same size as my metal ones, a bit skinnier perhaps? :tu: :tu: