A Mordian march to glory

duz_

Well ETL is over for me

I had hoped to do a bit more but such is life

However I have no time to rest. I have a tournament 25th of next month and want my new list ready!

So I have finally finished the main coats on the other 2 LRs and got their tracks on. Next up washing and doing all the fiddly bits.

gallery_87434_11578_46386.jpg

I also got a chance to build a barebones Company Commander. All my Mordian ones are graced with a bolt pistol and in my new list that's 1pt too many.

gallery_87434_11578_171635.jpg

I have series of practice games this weekend so I want to finish my valk which is halfway build and magnetise my Bullgryns so I can at least be WYSIWYG

The Company Commander is strangely posed, as if she can't decide between relaxing with that chainsword resting on her shoulder, bracing her legs to receive an enemy attack, or raising her arms in surrender. I don't envy you for the work you must make to make that Company Commander look... however you want her to look.

• 2 weeks later...

Tanks are on hold atm as I rush to get everything 3 colour minimum by end of the month. Wont help that I'll be in Canada for a week with work the same week as the event! :ermm:

I have made some good progress though new commander is washed and in a good enough state to be considered done for now. Bullgryns are barely 3 colours and I'm trying to make them slightly more presentable at least out of respect of my perspective opponents.

Valk is magnetised and primed and should take too long to get 3 colours on with airbrush (once I figure out what those colours are!). Leaves me with 1 plasma vet to get 3 colours and build and paint 2 heavy bolters teams...

Gonna be tight but I think I'll make it!

gallery_87434_11578_79369.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_178090.jpg

Another update as the deadline draws near

I have since got all the flesh (at least base) on my bullgryns, it ain't pretty but its 3 colour at this point and one of the judges said painting standards will be lax so it should fly, I would like to get them a bit more presentable at least if I can.

I also spent last night putting together the 2 heavy bolter teams I needed. Now I can claim all the models I need are assembled and in varying degrees of paintedness

I grabbed more of the sandbags I had used on the Banebadae commission from last year to try and make a foxhole for my HWT's. Unfortunately the scale for me didn't seem to work so I ended up pulling them from the base (you can see before top and after bottom for the model on the left). I put in an order to Secret Weapon for some more bricks of different style (less paver then the ones I do have, didn't realise at the time). I want to my all my HWT's in general a bit more exciting than their current GW texture paint.

gallery_87434_11578_181029.jpg

This Saturday I'm helping paint some terrain for the event, if I'm lucky I can squeeze in a practice game.

On a fun note, I ran the mathhammer on my list, it literally takes my whole army shooting to take down 1 IK... :ermm:
Thats with tanks double tapping, plasma overcharging and plasma infantry in rapid fire range.

Here's hoping I don't see too many knights! :sweat:

I like the stripes, not so keen on the nose cone. However as you say this isn't the final form so it's difficult to say with a certainty right now. Stripes always look good on wings though so I think you should keep those for sure! :yes:

Once I put the shading on it should give it a bit more of a worn look. Worked well on my tanks

WF thicker might be better. So what I'm gonna try is make the ones further from the fuselage thicker and see how that goes. Thanks :tu:

I went and had a look again at the model this morning and I'm starting to like the nose cone. Again with shading I think it'll look better with some more depth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished up my 2nd tank finally (washing rivets and doing final details). Annoyingly I washed the rivets with Nulin oil instead of Agrax, I wondered why it looked slightly off... Ohwell can't tell from a difference and individually washing each rivet on a Leman Russ takes some time.... so will be leaving that and will remember next time! ;)

I also got back to doing the details on my bullgryns, I'll go back and do layering and highlighting at some future date....

gallery_87434_11578_92606.jpg

Thanks Marshal Rohr :D :tu:

SIlas it was a work trip, so the airline rebooked us and gave us meal and accommodation vouchers

TBH at that point I was tired and annoyed and just wanted to get home, trying to get a better deal out of the situation was the last of my concerns

Upside was I ended up having some awesome fish and chips at a hotel restaurant (surprising I know) and the place had an awesome wine selection too, so we made the most of a bad situation ;) 

Got that Bullgryn to TT last night, pulled out the next one... 4 to go and nearly as many weeks :) 

• 1 month later...

Tournament did not go well for my Mordians...

Full debrief incoming shortly

In the meanwhile rumours report a new menace quickly approaching the sector. As such we have a new advisor joining our ranks:

gallery_87434_11578_154394.jpg

:D

Attempting some Zenithal highlighting with him, not sure how it will come out since his cape is mostly black.
I'm also trying some of the Vallejo Air metallic black I had bought for my IK's but won't be using to try and give him a bit more distinguishment