A Mordian march to glory

duz_

Thanks all! :D
Looking forward to getting my table finally set up.

Having said that my Mums in the country atm so may gaming basement has become the temporary junk storage area so we could make the rest how the house presentable while she was here... :ermm:

The BB colour scheme... good question...
I have to double check the specfic's however its a combo of
Vallejo Air

• Light grey
  • Off white + mica metallaric
  • Agrax wash on the bolts + recesses

The gold on the barrel is a combo

• Vallejo Glorious Gold
  • Full Agrax Wash
  • GW Auric Gold? Dry Brush

I will post the exact ones later when I get a chance, its a good record for me to remember too :) 

• 2 weeks later...

So made a seemingly simple hobby resolution for this year

Focus on finishing projects and avoid the trap of just painting tournament lists ...

Lets see how it goes!

First step: finish my 9th unpainted Bullgryn then go back and highlight the 2nd and 3rd boxes I had slapped together for an event

gallery_87434_11578_130941.jpg

Mission accomplished! :D

Maybe next I'll finally finish my Shadowsword

Its a weird feeling its like having to take medicine when working on these projects because I want to be distracted by something else

But its satisfying knowing I finally finished this project which began mid last year. So now I feel somewhat more motivated to finish my Shadowsword. Hopefully that'll convert into me wanting to paint the Baneblade chassis too. :tu:

Thanks!

Keeping with my 2019 goal (day 2...)

I started working on my BB shrine which I'd been putting off for a while.

Im happy with it so far some washing, detailing and touching up still to

WiP Action shots:

gallery_87434_11578_200097.jpg

Current state awaiting next hobby session

gallery_87434_11578_72077.jpg

Also while USA Airbrush Supply was having their 20% off sale I bought this lil sucker

gallery_87434_11578_388415.jpg

Its a badger paint mixer

Does an awesome job especially on metallics where the pigments have settled out or other paints that have started to dry and you wanna mix some water into thin them back out

Its only 10ish? bucks I definitely recommend it :)

With the new list I'm toying with thanks to Vigilus, I need a MoO

I am toying with a few options, there's a couple of VM models that I might use.

Although their current images are so small I can't tell so I've asked for some bigger pictures.

The other one is this one from Artel W

935487284.jpg

Although its a bit too Valhallan I think and I won't be able to do a simple head swap because she has a plat on her back. 

Another option is Anvil Minatures does do some epaulets, which would let me convert some more Cadian esque models to something I could use

Edited by duz_

With the new list I'm toying with thanks to Vigilus, I need a MoO

I am toying with a few options, there's a couple of VM models that I might use.

Although their current images are so small I can't tell so I've asked for some bigger pictures.

The other one is this one from Artel W

935487284.jpg

Although its a bit too Valhallan I think and I won't be able to do a simple head swap because she has a plat on her back. 

Another option is Anvil Minatures does do some epaulets, which would let me convert some more Cadian esque models to something I could use

I always liked VM's epaulets, they fit GW models much better: https://victoriaminiatures.com/collections/male-squads-1/products/shoulder-boards

I'm assuming VM is Victoria Miniatures? I'm looking at their site because I like their bayonets still for my Marines and I'm seeing if they have any good head swaps for scouts. While looking I saw this promo, not sure if it would work and if there's $50 worth of stuff you want from them?

commissar-2_1200x.jpg?v=1545791558

There's always $50 worth of stuff to order from Victoria Minatures I can't recommend her enough...that female commissar is seriously smashing. She 100% made my Savlar Chem Dogs a complete reality

Krash

Edited by Captain_Krash

Fortunately no import duties here... for now... :)

Was testing out my new W&N S7 brushes on the weekend during the crazy 9" of snow we had. Im sold... as long as they last longer than my GW ones that is

For my test model I worked on my Artel W commissar

This is what I tried first

gallery_87434_11578_109280.jpg

So I played a bit more

gallery_87434_11578_300987.jpg

Still wasn't convinced so she took a bath.

Given she has a lot going on model wise I might just stick to traditional Commissar colours

Meanwhile ... soon... :D

gallery_87434_11578_165460.jpg

The white on your SS is lovely and crisp! I love the rivets as well and the gold cannon - any tips for the shade around the rivets since on my Leman Russes they never look as good. I also think that the treads could do with a little extra, maybe paint the wings on each side of each track to match with the cannon? But otherwise its amazing!

Name?