A Mordian march to glory

duz_

Thanks Bjorn

When I put the assassin in some foam I stumbled across this VM commander that I had speed painted for an event last year

I decided I'd go back and finish her off

Not sure it was worth the effort but another thing off the list at least

gallery_87434_11578_789609.jpg

Still have plenty of other options for the painting event too...

The guardswoman is well-painted, with an adequately decorated base. I believe I previously complained about her pose, though; she looks like she's simultaneously relaxing with the chainsword resting on her right shoulder; surrendering with her raised left hand, and bracing to receive an enemy attack with her spread legs. If you put a grenade in her left hand, so it looks like she's about to throw it, then her pose will look much less ambiguous. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Thanks Hawkeye :D

I really enjoy the Mordian RDs plays very well to my play style.

I did actually try some movement trays at a tournament last year. They were designed with no gap and were great. Helped speed up my deployment and movement phases and no one compalined about their use or meeting RD requirements.

I got them from here

https://tectoniccraftstudios.com/

gallery_87434_12480_20954.jpg

gallery_87434_12480_108340.jpg

gallery_87434_12480_191272.jpg

Hope that helps! :tu:

My new bases showed up over the weekend

They look great already have the resin washed too

If I have some time might paint a few up in the next week or so

Likely be purchasing more for the rest of my army. :tu:

Some absolutely gorgeous miniatures throughout this thread mate, particularly love those Bullgryns. The blue looks very clean, good job.

Gotta admit, I'm quite jealous of all that terrain of yours and that Killteam board you're working on looks fantastic. Working on something similiar myself, though in 1' by 1' sections so eventually build out into a decently sized 40k board.

Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks SoC :)

Ugh sooo much terrain though! I Have 2 more boxes unbuilt and none painted :sweat:
One day maybe... might need to take another long weekend just to get some done!
Although I also have to redo the floor in my man cave too :ermm:

Speaking of days off I had one yesterday and got around to zenithal priming 30 guardsmen! And basing my new bases, which turned out quite well :D
Next step is to mask their shoulder boards and base blue! Hopefully all this work is worth it! <_<

gallery_87434_11578_298430.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_206680.jpg

Bit more progress today got 21/30 models rebased

Still need to finish painting both but was a good time to put them on their new bases. They're resin which is nice as it gives them some weight to counter balance the metal minis. The looks like I'll have to order more soon and :D

gallery_87434_11578_76958.jpg

Oh also varnished my Demolisher tank I'd finished previously

Edited by duz_

I started batch painting last night on scale I haven't done since long before the Cicatrix Maledictum

~2hrs and 60 shoulder boards later I just need to hit them with a quick dry brush or two and maybe a layer. I also based the faces 3 different colours so I get some pale skin tones off different shades for some variety.

gallery_87434_11578_13469.jpg

Next I'll probably look at blocking in the blue. Going to try something slightly different that what I've previously done. Normally I'd just do a nylon wash, however going off the UM Primaris painting guide I'm going to try a 50/50 drakenhof / lahmian wash to see how that goes.