A Mordian march to glory

duz_

The bases are great!

One of the best things, which I didn't realise at the time is that because they are solid resin the pins really set in there and form a firm base for the model

Too often with the regular GW bases the pins could move freely in the cavity underneath and it wouldn't take much to snap the glue bond

These so far seem unlikely to suffer the same issue, plus the added heft of the solid resin is a good counter balance to the metal mini's

I was actually thinking about putting my next order in last night as it takes a couple of weeks for them to arrive from across the pond... :ermm:

Edited by duz_

• 3 weeks later...

They look awesome, you should try and squeeze them in somehow :D Seeing WF's Commissar reminded me what an epic model it is so I'm keen to see your one painted up too :tu: A Commissar model for a Commissar is fitting after all!

Also kudos for the batch painting Mordian production line. It's a lot of work but the end result is always worth it :tu:

Anvil and Artel do awesome work

Thx Arkaniss. Unfortunately (but not surprisingly) I didn't get them done for the tournament I'm attending end of the month. Hopefully I can get them finished soon though.

In the meanwhile I had to quickly kitbash a MoO for the same event. This one is temporary as I have another in mind. These bits were just closer to hand.

gallery_87434_11578_148393.jpg

Edited by duz_

Its one of the old Basilisk loaders, I grabbed the Voxcaster from the Scion kit, removed the hailer (badly...) and then cut the hand and phone from the operators arm and replaced the clenched fist. The Servo Skull is also from the Scion kit :) 

I do have a more Mordianian one in mind for later ;) 

Well he's not the prettiest model I've painted but will do the job for next weekends event

gallery_87434_11578_634703.jpg

Looks like theres 18 ish ppl signed up for the friendly event

Although someone thought bring a castellan, 2 crusaders and 2 warglaives is appropriate <_<

Hopefully there's something done about that

I don't feel bad for bringing my shadowsword ;)

Because I have a problem, especially when it comes to Commissars I just ordered this guy... :whistling:

1034789889.jpg

Meanwhile Anvil is releasing 3 new ones shortly too which I will also likely purchase :blush:

That model is awesome. Would make a great officer or commissar.

How does he scale next to GW minis?

Yes I will probably switch between using him as either. Not sure what colours I'll paint him

I haven't assembled him yet (or washed him...)

Their other models have been fairly close in scale though so I suspected fairly close

WF would be able to say he's already painted his

That might be a great option for a tank commander. He looks like Erwin Rommel.

I could totally see him cut in half and placed in a tank top hatch... the coffee cup NEEDS to stay though. Thag smug look with the cup in hand is my favorite part.

"I take my coffee with milk and dead xenos."

Can we get a commissar line up picture soon Duz? to see the horde! :wink:

Painted or unpainted :sweat: :lol:

And definitely tea what self respecting commissar would be drinking recaf?

Edited by duz_

Can we get a commissar line up picture soon Duz? to see the horde! :wink:

Painted or unpainted :sweat: :lol:

And definitely tea what self respecting commissar would be drinking recaf?

All of them Duz! Show us the horde, you might have enough for a cadet squad

Well I did a bulk load of resin washing last night so that pic might not be too far off :P

I also got my only test game with the army on Friday night

Went up my against my friends eldar / DE list he put together

I was 200pts less than him. The event is 100pl and my comes out to about 1720 pts. I told him to make his list 2000 because there's already a few lists that have been submitted that are in the 1900-2100pt range. We rolled for maelstrom and got the night mission where its 3 cards turn don't tell your opponent and its -1 to hit outside 18".

Between his altioc and venom native -1 plus the game bonus I didn't do much killing. I also got crummy objectives. We called it turn 3 (it was late and I was clearly losing).

Some positive notes. Despite being 200pts worse off it didn't seem too bad and with all the heavy armour in my list despite his blaster spam I probably could have ground on until the end of the game. My infantry gloriously died first turn :)

gallery_87434_11578_233465.jpg